Friday, July 22, 2005

You're so vain...you probably think this song is about you.



Dear Person Whose Website I Refuse To Acknowledge By Name-

What is your problem? Why do smart, motivated, sometimes-opinionated, Indian women scare you? Can you think of no other way to bring traffic to your site than to begrudge the expressiveness of others? I'm contemplating having an affair??? I scoured my previous posts and the only thing I can think of is that I said I had a blog crush on someone whose intelligent writings turn me on. I will give you more credit than drawing such a conclusion from that line. Besides, after reading your post I realize that line must have added to your already overwhelming sense of inadequacy.

Thank you for sending blog traffic my way. *waves to the new readers* Sorry I don't feel the need to reciprocate. Instead, I would like to refer people to some of the amazing sites out there in blogland:

Bridal Beer
Intelligent 20-something female in Calcutta looking for a husband with the help of her parents and a few hundred relatives. Is it true? I don't know, but it's damn good.

Megha
Fantastic blogger in Boston. Humorous, intelligent, and has one of the best blog layouts I've ever seen.

Dwarf at Large
Site maintained by two intelligent women with fantastic taste in movies and music.

The Compulsive Confessor
Intelligent, witty, insightful, popular, cool... If we were in high school she would have been the head cheerleader and I probably would have hated her. Instead, she is one of my all-time favorites in blogland.

Smug Bug
brilliant blogger with so much soul. Her intelligence and sense of humor are just two of the reasons why I am President of her Chicago Fanclub.

Who is Buchu?
This woman has more intelligence and wit in her little finger than I will ever have in all my lifetimes. She's a freaking Rhodes Scholar who was at Harvard! She talks politics as easily as she talks about what she had for dinner. Don't personally know her but I beam with pride just knowing she's out there.

Wait a minute...I see a pattern in your hatred! You dislike smart, Indian women! Because you have lumped me with this phenomenal group, you must think I am intelligent (and Indian) as well. Thank you so much! I feel honored and humbled. Not that I needed your validation to prove my self-worth, but I feel so much better. The truth of the matter is that if any of these women lived in Chicago, I would invite them into the sanctity of my home and introduce them to my family and develop a friendship that goes beyond being intelligent or Indian. AND. If my half-mallu daughter even remotely turns out to be like any of them, well, I'll be a very proud mother.

Tongue firmly in cheek,

Mint Chutney

16 Comments:

Blogger Kumari says...

Force be with you!
As President of the Chennai(Now Nashua) Charter of Bug's FanClub, i am oh-so-happy that you took up cudgels with this...er 'thing'.

But then i don't think this is ever going to die down n disappear unless we employ WMD's :)
Take care and to me and The Mr, all the blog-women mentioned are indeed INTELLIGENT!

Cheers :)

Fri Jul 22, 11:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger BridalBeer says...

Thanks!
May his wife be a bisexual blogger! (this is a shraap- a curse- like those on holy TV)

Fri Jul 22, 01:00:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

Awwww, thanks!Thats the nicest thing anyone has told me since I started Blogging.

Good of you to be posting this! Much Classy Put Down! :)

I actually cease to see the humour in this any longer. I mean, what might be the point?

Me, Megha and eM - have often been clubbed together by past Weirdos [I have wondered if there is a link somewhere? Haven't come up with any! :)]. So, I was happy to see a larger group of women this time around! :)

And now again I wonder if there is some deeper cosmic meaning in putting us all together!

@ Bridalbeer: LOL! You think, that would be poetic justice? :)

Fri Jul 22, 01:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

Oh I wish I was a smart Indian woman.

Fri Jul 22, 03:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger motheater says...

High time there was a Mint Chutney fan club I think :-)

Fri Jul 22, 05:35:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Megha says...

Thanks! Classy post with just that perfect hint of mint.

The only mileage I got out of this cretin's handiwork is to call it bird poop and then pat myself on the back for a pun well done.

Thanks once again for the sweet words :)

Fri Jul 22, 06:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Adagio For Strings says...

"Tippani" on Jay's comment, I wish I was just smart (wishing for one miracle at a time here)...grad life would be so much easier!

Fri Jul 22, 08:14:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Now i want to be featured in his website so I can be classified as an Intelligent Indian (not to mention "South Indian" even) girl !! :)
Mint you know we love your blog and wont let any "hawk" dis it !!!

Sat Jul 23, 12:37:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Heh Heh says...

heh. nice one. no CD yet...

Sat Jul 23, 01:55:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Grafxgurl says...

Nicely said Mint :)

Sat Jul 23, 04:19:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Apoplexy says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Jul 23, 08:13:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Apoplexy says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Jul 23, 08:14:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Buchu says...

thanks a ton.

heh heh. u've attracted another loser in apoplexy.

u know the problem is that most of these guys- apoplexy, killthewomen, definitelymale etc are ppl we wouldn't glance at in real life. this anonymity is their sole attempt at getting any attention. it's so freaking pathetic that i feel quite sorry for them.

the problem with these losers is that a) a blog that based on hate can't last for long b) someone who leaves nonsensical comments, a.k.a. apoplexy is not taken seriously c) the end result is exactly the same- they remain condemned to loserhood even on the blogosphere.

sorry to be so harsh. but the influx of such gits on my blog has multiplied since that telegraph article. i'm wondering whether we should collectively ignore these idiots, write one collective post telling them to get a life, or just beat them down?
any answers?

Sat Jul 23, 08:37:00 AM CDT  
Blogger anumita says...

Hey Mint, someone's bugging you too? I tell you, the CTs some of the male species live for!
But it brought on a lovely post. Kudos!

Sat Jul 23, 08:47:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Well said Mint!

Sat Jul 23, 09:31:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous just an anonymous passer-by says...

er, it's "i bet you think this song is about you."

:)

Wed Oct 05, 03:11:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home