Sunday, March 20, 2005

Under Pressure



After many months (years) of trying to be everything to everyone, I've decided to have a maid service come clean my house every other week. I can only imagine my mother-in-law's reaction when my son let it slip that a cleaning service was coming tomorrow morning. The woman is obsessed with cleaning. We have literally awoken to the sound of a vacuum cleaner at five f-ing o'clock in the morning when we've stayed with her. Her carpets look as if they've been raked so the pyle is uniform in the same direction. My son used to love cleaning and vacuuming when he was 2 years old (an obsession he quickly outgrew). I told my husband it was as if his mother and my father's prayers to the Gods of Tidiness were answered. (Footnote: My son has recently developed a random fear of vacuums. Perhaps it would help if I pulled it out more than once a month..)

1 Comments:

Blogger Anurag says...

Funny post. :) Yes, acclimatizing your son to the sound and sights of a cleaning machine may help him get over his fears. You don't actually need to clean anything, just bring out the vacuum, vroom it a bit, put it back and hope he starts using it to clean the place. :)

Mon Mar 21, 12:19:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home