Monday, March 21, 2005

Blue Monday



Do you know who the cleaning service sent me? A little old woman old enough to be my grandma. She spoke as much English as I spoke Polish. I actually had to help her carry the vacuum up and down the stairs. I tried to hide out in my office but was compelled to check every time I heard loud clangs for fear I would find her in a crumpled heap with a broken hip. I'm going to have to request someone new. This woman should be at home with her feet up. Despite being against the rules I gave her a nice, big, tip for which she gave me a hug.

My stress level trying to get my project off the ground was at near record level today. My husband and I decided to meet for lunch, a perk of working from home as he is only 15 minutes away. We (and by "we", I mean he let me choose) decided to have sushi (YUM). Now that the baby is almost one, he is really pushing to get a dog. My parents have a dog. Jordan is about the size of a toy pony and has the brain capacity of a drunk sailor. When he gets excited to play, he spins his body around so that his tail knocks down everything within a 2 mile radius. He is about as sharp as a stick of butter. I should ask my sister (the vet) if dogs can be born "mentally challenged". It is, however, funny to see my parents yell at him in an English-Malayalam hybrid language that can only be described as "Malaish" (or should it be "Engalayalam"). Anyway, if we do get a dog, my son and I have already decided we like the name Chutney. I wonder if I can toilet-train the puppy and the baby at the same time?

3 Comments:

Blogger Anurag says...

Isn't it weird when you see such old people working as housekeepers? I mean, it would break my heart to take away their emplyment, and it would break my heart to make them work. Tough choice...

So you are working from home. I did that for six months and totally enjoyed that. What is your line of work? I am an engineer and develop engineering analysis software.

Anurag

PS. I love the name "chutney" for a dog. I want to call mine (whenever my wife decides to let me have one) "laddoo".

Mon Mar 21, 10:22:00 PM CST  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

A pup and a son! Brave woman! :)

Thanks for coming by my blog!

Tue Mar 22, 09:27:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

thanks for the link!!

Tue Mar 22, 05:50:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home