Thursday, August 17, 2006

I am just a cowboy lonesome on the trail



Since my blog looks so pretty I decided to write another post.

Here is a snapshot of my day which convinces me that I have Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder:
  • Review inbox for important work-related e-mail (Oh! Old Navy AND Pottery Barn are having a sale this week!)
  • Putz around Pandora..skip 1st 3 songs (not a good start)
  • Work, Work, Work
  • Think about what I should have for lunch (look at the clock.. 8:45am)
  • Spend 20 minutes talking to best friend about wedding plans.
  • YES! Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy.
  • Plan out submitting expenses since March. (Don't actually do it but planning it is a start, right?)
  • Get a drink of water. Ponder eating the last banana which would mean trip to grocery store to replenish supply for kids. Decide against it.
  • Pet Chutney for 5 mins
  • Notice that space around your ass and formerly-spacious office chair is getting less and less
  • Change out of sweat pants and t-shirt you slept in and into sweat pants and t-shirt to work out in.
  • Spend 2 minutes gawking in mirror at how big your ass looks in sweat pants and t-shirt
  • Plan on having a salad for lunch
  • YES! Tomorrow People by Ziggy Marley.
  • Work, Work Work
  • Shakes fists at Pandora for it's selection of Kenny Rodgers greatest hits
  • Plan menu of dinner party that you've wanted to have for 2 years
  • Work, Work, Work
  • Brief IM conversation with friends
  • Get up and stretch. Go into Girl's room and measure if you'll be able to fit a small bed and crib. (Yes, if we get rid of changing table.)
  • Make plans to toilet train the Girl so we can get rid of changing table
  • Step on race car in hallway and nearly fall down stairs. Gather all miscellaneous toys that are not put away and put them in a basket with a note that says "FINDERS KEEPERS".
  • Sick of crappy selection from Pandora today. Put on a New Order CD as background filler
  • Work, Work Work
  • Make a sandwich and begrudgingly eat the last banana.
  • Work Work Work
  • Work WORK WORK (As you can see I hit a stride in the afternoon)
  • Talk to D on the phone to figure out who's picking up which kid
  • Frantically get the last bit of work done before picking up the girl.
  • Dinner
  • Dishes
  • Check work e-mail
  • Bath for the kids
  • Bedtime (D and I switch off every night between putting the Boy and Girl down)
  • Back in my office for work, work, work
  • Sleep and get 7 hours of sleep before it starts again

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Within the span of 4 weeks I'll be going to Brazil, California and Las Vegas all for work. My parents leave for India next week while I'm gone. Summer's not over yet but I'm already feeling the dread of facing another Chicago winter. Last December was spent in Kerala in warm weather and 6 square meals a day. This winter there's no respite in sight. I keep thinking that D and I should get away, even if for a weekend. Work for me is pretty crazy. Remember my semi micromanaging manager? She resigned to join a larger company. The client has asked that I take over the project and my supervisor has encouraged me to apply for a promotion. I'm hesitant and I haven't decided if it's because I don't want to added responsibility or because I'm afraid that I can't handle the added responsibility.

My camera is on the fritz. I think the Girl got sand in it when we went to the beach last week. I need a camera for Suemama's tag so that's have to be on hold a bit longer. I've been thinking about Sines and AB's tag. I've often wondered if and when my real life would meet up with my blogging life. Who would I want to meet? There are too many people to even mention. Basically everyone I link is on my love-to-meet list. Each one of those people wrote a post that touched me in some way weather it's through laughter or tears or just plain amazement in their writing ability. However, I would have to say that I'm completely in awe and fascinated by Meeta. I'm convinced she's a more organized and talented version of me and therefore would love to meet her to get advice.

Speaking of amazing, I received 2 amazing packages from bloggers over the last 2 weeks. I need the camera to do them justice but a big thank you Momma Pajama and my dearest Rat. Rat has inspired me to send out another round of Mint Love 2006 (aka the CD exchange). Thanks babe.

OK. I'll check in between my travels. Ciao!

18 Comments:

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff says...

Hey MC!
Love the pretty blog! And the mention. But you know what on the outside it may look very organized but on most days I could simply copy your days agenda and paste it into my life. Working at home does have many distractions doesn't it?

But it's true we're too much alike not to meet ... I really hope this will be possible some day!

Fri Aug 18, 03:32:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rohini says...

Lovely template - very minty fresh :)

Have a good trip...

Fri Aug 18, 05:35:00 AM CDT  
Blogger AB says...

Yes yes the template goes well. I want a new one too*looks hopefully*

Fri Aug 18, 07:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger 30in2005 says...

That busy day made me tired just reading it!

Blog looks so cool now.

I feel like we haven't taken a holiday this year at all - and that's because we haven't. House buy/move makes it uneconomical except to go to India where we can crash at Parents / siblings places for free. And eat 6 round meals a day! So we go in Oct.

And because I'm not on your blogroll although I am on yours I guess that would mean I'm not loved/ or one of the people you'd like to meet......awww.

Fri Aug 18, 09:06:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Kochukandhari says...

Now I remember why I liked working from home:)

Fri Aug 18, 09:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vijayeta says...

AWESOME AWESOME template :D
Have a great trip!

Fri Aug 18, 02:46:00 PM CDT  
Blogger The Box says...

I've always envied:
1) Your working from home
2) Your working from home and actually getting work done
3) Your working from home and still getting sent all over the world to 'manage' whatever complex, important thing it is you manage.

I feel so depressed now :-(

Sat Aug 19, 05:55:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Kochukandhari says...

also what the Box said

Sat Aug 19, 09:03:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Meeta: I underestimated the power of having a boss in the next office.

Ro: Thanks!

AB: The new look also encourages me to write.

30in2005: D and I decided we have to take a proper vacation next year.

Beks: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE working from home. However, it aint all sunshine and roses.

Vijayeta: Thanks!

Box: Don't ever forget that I'm a peon. I just read your post and SO get it.

Beks: ha ha

Sat Aug 19, 10:22:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Prerona says...

i like the new look! nice :)
all the best for ur travels ...

Sat Aug 19, 02:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

i actually felt a bit tired for you after reading that :S but u know..given the option i'd love to work from home too!
hey minty why don't u use leftovers from the previous nights dinner, for your lunch?

get the cam fixed and put up some pictures!!!

Sat Aug 19, 10:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Meeta K. Wolff says...

Yeah! That's true - there are far to many things one finds at home to do.
"Oh! quickly put the washing in the washer!
"Oh! Quickly hang up washing!"
"Wonder if anyone has commented on my new post!"
Oh! Look! What a wonderful butterfly! Must take a picture!"
"Wow! picture looks great! Let#s out it on Flickr!"
"Wonder if any one has commented on my butterfly picture on Flickr!"

You get the point. But still I would not change this for the world.
So ... let's see if I can find anything to eat before I get back to my review!

Love ya!

Mon Aug 21, 02:29:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sue says...

I don't know about the ADHD, you still have far more "WORK"s on your daily schedule than I do or have had for months now :-)

Mon Aug 21, 07:16:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

You mean there's really a Pottery Barn? I thought it's just something they made up for that episode of Friends! You know, the one where Rachel keeps buying mass produced homeware (apothecary table!) and telling Phoebe that they're genuine antiques 'from yore'.

Mon Aug 21, 05:49:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

You're going to Brazil?!?!?! That's GREAT! :)

Mon Aug 21, 06:22:00 PM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

remember!!! must bring pictures!!!! :D

Mon Aug 21, 09:08:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I'm no longer on your blogroll, so does that mean you don't love me anymore/want to ever meet me :(

Mon Aug 21, 09:42:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Anindita Sengupta says...

Visiting after a while. Lovely template!

Mon Oct 02, 12:07:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home