Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The more I sort it out the more it gets distorted, I sort of think I'm better off just leaving it unsorted



Tagged by the lovely Cee Kay and Smugbug

I am thinking about…
Toronto in the Fall in a hotel overlooking the water.


I said…
"Chutney, I'm this close to selling you to the circus."


I want to…
join the rowing club in the city we live in. Unfortunately they row down the canal by the sewer plant and I'm pretty sure I'd vomit if the water got on me.


I wish…
I were more disciplined. I wish I lived up to the image my coworkers have of me. I wish I could speak 4 foreign languages fluently. I wish that I stopped to say hi to Jeff when I saw him 4 months before he died.


I hear…
the sound of the fan swooshing in my office, Chutney snoring, the kid across the street driving by with thump thump of his bass blasting.


I wonder…
what my kids will be when they grow up.


I regret…
nothing and everything


I am
a compulsive procrastinator.


I dance
like Beyonce on drugs.


I sing
The songs of my youth. Today it's Ask by The Smiths (Because if it's not Love then it's the bomb...that will bring us together)


I cry…
way too easily.


I am not always
as happy or as nice as people perceive me to be.


I make with my hands…
collages and scrapbooks with the photographs I take.


I write…
in journals for my kids. Sometimes I talk about the milestones they have reached. (For example the boy learned how to ride his bike with no training wheels last week). Sometimes I just tell them how much joy they bring to my lives. Most of the time I just ask them not to put me in a nursing home when they grow up.


I confuse
acquaintances and friends. I know a lot of people who I like and who in return like me. But there are only a handful of friends who I would take a bullet for and vice versa.


I need
6 more hours in the day OR someone to cook and do laundry.


1 tag down, 2 to go.

19 Comments:

Blogger Prerona says...

interesting list. impressed by the rowing wish and awed by the journals u write for the kids. ur too cool :)

Wed Aug 09, 01:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger AB says...

The thing that you said about nursing homes made me feel sad. Why would any kid want to do that?

And pls don't send chutney to the circus. Pls pls...

Wed Aug 09, 03:48:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

babe, i just sent you an email :)
loved the beyonce on drugs bit-maybe someday we can do it-dance together!!

Wed Aug 09, 06:20:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Paula Adams Perez says...

Hello! I got your swap box (I posted about it at my blog). Thank you!!!
Interesting that you row, I was a coxswain at Notre Dame 20 years ago... I am coming through Chicago next month on my way to my Gramma's in MI. I'm wearing my new Chicago t-shirt in anticipation!!

Wed Aug 09, 08:34:00 AM CDT  
Blogger The Box says...

I did this tag not too long ago. I love how you didn't just answer one thing (like I did). You answer a whole bunch of stuff to each section.

You know who you are. You don't gotta live up to other people's version of you.

BUT.
It don't hurt to let them have it.
Besides, it's such a nice one.

I'm glad you're back, Minty.
(hugs)

Wed Aug 09, 10:59:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Welcome back to you too.Was inspired by you to do the tag on my blog :)

Wed Aug 09, 01:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

June 9th.

July 11th.

August 8th.

Is blogging going to be like, you know, a monthly thing for you?

When I'm old I'll check myself into the nursing home, thank you very much.

Wed Aug 09, 03:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

you're back! yaaaaay!

"I dance
like Beyonce on drugs. "
that, dear minty, is strangely not hard to picture at all :D

haha my mom keeps telling my brother and i that if we send her to a nursing home, she'll come back and haunt us from the graveyard (or pyre..whatever)

and yea i second jay..you should do this blogging thing more often, you're pretty good at it yknow..

Thu Aug 10, 02:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger my life.... says...

interesting tag:)

Thu Aug 10, 03:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Seeeee, THIS is why I miss you when you're gone. You should update more frequently. :)

Thu Aug 10, 07:34:00 AM CDT  
Blogger suemamma says...

glad to see you back!

Thu Aug 10, 11:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

Glad you are back, Mint! And thanks for doing the tag - yours makes for a much better reading.

I started keeping a journal for my daughter and made, maybe, two entries in there. then got caught in other stuff :( Will go home and find it AND WRITE IN IT.

Thu Aug 10, 02:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Prerona: Not cool. And don't be impressed by the rowing since I'm afraid of the water getting on me.

AB: He's this close (fingers 2mm apart) to being given away.

Sun: I received and will write soon. Don't see you on IM anymore.

Momma: You're very welcome. I hope you enjoy everything. : )

Boxie: Glad to be back.

Rat: I inspired you to post?? This inspires me to post again.

Jay: We all can't be as talented as you are and come up with amazing posts all the time. *removes lips from your firm but shapely arse*

MM: I got a few Beyonce moves left in these aging hips.

My life: Thanks : )

Stolie: It's kinda nice being back (albeit for 10 minutes).

Suemamma: Thanks! Your tag will be next.

Cee Kay: I hope I didn't give the impression that I write in it everyday. Don't beat yourself up. Every bit you do goes a long way.

Thu Aug 10, 10:46:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rohini says...

Welcome back! Coming by your blog and not finding a new post was getting a bit old.

"Beyonce on drugs" - nice :)

Fri Aug 11, 12:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Me says...

beyonce on drugs
snort
i am a compulsive procastinator too...

Sat Aug 12, 07:13:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Sherry says...

New template! How pretty.

Tue Aug 15, 04:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger freespirit says...

ahaa....minty new template! I like I like! And of course, long overdue post. Welcome back Minty, i missed you :-)

Tue Aug 15, 08:56:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Love,love, love the new template!

Love Beyonce on drugs!

Tue Aug 15, 09:53:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Unf*******believeable!!
Love the new look !

Tue Aug 15, 11:25:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home