Tuesday, May 09, 2006

You've given me the sweetest taboo



We had a party this past weekend for the kids and parents of the Boy's kindergarten class. 35 people in all but it was a lot of fun.

Backyard

Backyard

Diva
The Girl being a little diva.


************************
I have never done any illegal drugs. I do however partake in whatever the supplement of the week is at the local vitamin store. As I talk to other moms I find that there are more than are a handful that pop pills. My sister-in-law occasionally takes some sort of upper that she said give her the energy of "10 moms in their 20's". Today I popped a pill from the local GNC and I gotta tell you, I'm so freaking efficient right now. Thus far I have done 2 loads of laundry, laid out the kid's clothes for the next 2 days, finished 4 reports for work, attended 3 conference calls, bought a new cell phone, shopped for shoes AND averted 2 crises at work. As I write this post I'm thinking about what to make for dinner as well as the other 10 million things I need to do before I catch a 6am flight to Florida tomorrow.

I'm not sure what the genesis for this is. I don't feel like I'm getting pressure from any external forces to get things done (besides my work). However I know that I tend to feel emotionally and physically drained when I'm behind on things. Seeing as I'm a procrastinator, this tends to be the norm.

**********

This weekend is Mother's Day and we're splitting our time between D's family and my side. I love both sides and I don't ever resent visiting either however, in my almost 6 years of being a mom I have yet to feel like it is a celebration of me. That being said, I will probably get to sleep in past 7am and that's like a major treat these days.

OK...off to bed. I can still catch about 4 hours sleep before I catch my flight.

Ciao!

8 Comments:

Blogger Rohini says...

I need to get me some of that magic pill!

Wed May 10, 12:09:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Whoa, you've got a lot going on! It's good that you have the energy to sustain it all.

Wed May 10, 12:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Kochukandhari says...

wow, I'm actually finding it a bit scary. I remember reading about a pill like this in Vogue (which is such a mine of information on so many random things apart from just fashion)and I still find it incredible that a pill can do so much for you without some other side effect. As you can see I'm deeply suspicious of 'big pharma' and it doesn't help that I just watched Constant Gardener.

Anyway enough of all that:

*hugs* and Happy Mothers Day to you!

Wed May 10, 02:44:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

you ARE a magic pill!!
just being able to DO all of that!!

WHEW!!
AND take a 6 am flight!! ah my gad!!

HAPPY
SUPERWOMAN's Day!! in advance!

Wed May 10, 09:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Are they selling ephedrine under the name of Vitamins at GNC these days? J/K. :-)

As your kids get older I am sure they will throw you awesome mother's day parties. Happy Mother's day.

Wed May 10, 11:56:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

I need to point you to an episode of Desperate Housewives, where Lynette (mother of three little boy-shaped demons) popped pills to become the ultimate soccer mom.

Happy Mother's Day, you.

Wed May 10, 05:47:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Talena says...

Hey, found you from Rohini's blog!

Was it Bee Pollen, by chance? I just blogged about this new "wonder-drug" that I've been using recently, so I am curious.

T.

Thu May 11, 02:46:00 AM CDT  
Blogger AB says...

Happy Mother's Day Minty

Thu May 11, 05:28:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home