Thursday, April 27, 2006

As I walk along the supposed Golden Path



My husband's back (thunderous applause). There are so many reason why I'm glad he's back but among my favorite is the way he always brings me a glass of ice cold water before he goes to bed. The way to my heart includes but is not limited to tall glasses of ice cold water. I noticed that I watch way more TV when D isn't around. Maybe it's because when he's here I have a partner to help with the kids and just get stuff done in general. When he's not here I feel exhausted by being the only person trying to keep the general momentum of life moving. Luckily the Boy is a great help when the Girl is having a diva tantrum moment. For the past 2 weeks she now insists on holding hands with the Boy during car rides and will want me to look at how lovely it is. (It is really cute but I'm a bit bias). The other night after I put the kids down I made popcorn and watched 2 of my all-time favorites; Amelie and Rushmore. Bliss.

All my other free time in D's absence has been spent rearranging my house. The other night I was talking to my friend Sara and I mentioned that I wanted to move my sofa along the other wall. Famous last words as that simple furniture move turned into a major spring cleaning and room makeover extravaganza. Here are some pictures (click to enlarge):

basement

Makeover
We spend a good deal of our free time in the basement so I wanted it to look comfy without looking like a ...er...basement. AT the end of the day it's still a basement and there's only so many things you can do.

pics

Family pics including a pic of my mom when she was in nursing school. Is it weird to say that my mom was hot?

Today Sara and I moved the chest from the bedroom into the living room by the entry way.
IMG_3298
This is what was there this morning. This is now at the entry of our basement.

I'll take a picture tomorrow after I fix it up.

I think D thinks I'm on crack or something because there's a whole room rearranged every time he turns around.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kochukandhari says...

I love rearranging stuff and if I can spend some money and re do stuff...mmmm...crack has nothing on it.

Thu Apr 27, 10:14:00 PM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

sigh.. i cant wait to set up house myself....

ive noticed something.... most of al the old sepia and bw pics ive seen ..the people look way better in them than we do now in our pics..AND they were way thinner!! i look at all my pics and think.. WHAT!?!?!

Fri Apr 28, 01:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

hehe i love doing a spot of interior designing myself but mom always has her own (god awful) ideas..
u know i think in general black and white and monochromatic pix have so much more character prob because the colours arent there to distract the viewer...*shrugs*

sigh. the men dont getit, minty.
they just dont.

Fri Apr 28, 07:45:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

...D thinks I'm on crack or something because there's a whole room rearranged every time he turns around."

Well that's one way of keeping things fresh with the husband!

Fri Apr 28, 04:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Of course your mom's hot.
Look at you!

Tue May 02, 06:52:00 AM CDT  
Blogger shakester says...

thats a lot of effort- I would love to do stuff like that sometimes, but...the options are..well, limited:)

Thu May 04, 12:09:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home