Tuesday, March 21, 2006

That's right you're not from Texas but Texas loves you anyway.



Where does the time go? My meeting in California was fine. There is a major kiss-ass on my team who needs her lips surgically removed from my manager's hind region. The weather was nice but unfortunately I was in sunny 70-degree weather one day only to return to 35-degrees and driving snow the next. You wanna know when you're having a bad day? When the taxi drops you off at your front door with your luggage only to realize that you can't find your house keys. To add further misery, you're wearing your light jacket and standing in the middle of a snow storm. THEN you find that your cell phone battery is dying. I called my dad who came in the snow to pick me up. The next day when I unpacked my bag I discovered my keys laying in bottom of my luggage.

I have decided that I am in need of a overhaul. When you're younger you have natural motivations that keep you going; you just need to make it to the end of the semester or you just need to make it to the weekend. I'm not sure what my current goal/motivation is. I find myself being moody for no reason. D and I have been snapping at each other a lot lately for the dumbest things and most of it has to do with my mood. I think it's lack of exercise so I have been every intention of being more active.

In a random search for activity, we took the kids bowling. D is from Wisconsin where they hand you a bowling ball as soon as you exit your mother's womb. Although he hasn't bowled in years, he was throwing down strikes as if he just practiced the other day. The place where we were at had bumpers for the kids so needless to say the Boy did well. I, on the other hand, was trying to find my rhythm. I was either knocking all the pins down except one OR I was throwing the ball in the gutter. The Girl just had fun watching it all and yelling "Good job dada!" "Good job Boy!" "Ohhhh...mama!"

IMG_3284 another great shot by the Boy

IMG_3283 I had my favorite boot-cut pants on which looked cute with my boots but looked goofy with my bowling shoes.

I'm off to Texas for the day tomorrow. An acquaintance of mine asked if D was OK watching the kids when I'm away which annoyed me because when he goes out of town no one seems to question if I'll be able to handle it. I also realize that I'm lucky that D's so hands-on and active to begin with and doesn't pull shit like "where do you keep the Girl's diapers?" Besides he was an active participant in creating them, why should I have all the fun in raising them.

I know that I was tagged with a "jobs I've had" and a "what's in your fridge" meme which I will post soon. The really sad part is that my fridge is far more interesting than my previous jobs.

11 Comments:

Blogger The Box says...

I think you're doing much better than I would've. You're prolly a lot active in varying - and cold - weather than I would be. I live in a country with pretty much identical weather all year round and I still find it difficult to haul my ass outta bed to do physical-type things. But when you do, you can keep going for quite a bit.



Just to clarify: You know I'm talking about excercise right?

Tue Mar 21, 07:59:00 PM CST  
Blogger D says...

i would think most dads in this day and age are hands on! but i guess even then - good for D and good for you to have found someone like D!!!!

Tue Mar 21, 08:32:00 PM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Hahahaha...

"Good job Dada"
That's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

And babe, you're freezing over there. All you oughta be doing is cuddle up in front of the fire place (if you have one that HAS fire) or a nice warm heater, eat freshly baked cookies and drink hot cocoa.

Sigh...

Tue Mar 21, 08:34:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

Your awesome sense of humour will get you by my dear !!!

I suck at bowling too. My highest score is 34.

Tue Mar 21, 10:44:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I haven't bowled in years... I used to be ok..I had my gutter days though! Take care babe.

Wed Mar 22, 12:10:00 AM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Have fun in Texas!!!! :-)

Wed Mar 22, 01:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

My turn to give you hugs!! :)
You must give yourself credit for managing so many things.For motivation- hit the gym. It is a start, isn't it? And then, you will find a way...

Wed Mar 22, 03:53:00 AM CST  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Oh no you had to stand in the snow storm looking for the keys. So lucky your dad could come pick you up. If it makes you feel any better I lost my car and apartment keys yesterday. I was in the mood of spring cleaning, so after having taken out five bags of trash I couldn’t find the keys, just moments before getting ready to drive to the parents’ house. I had to bring the trash back in but no success. Later I found them on the chair hidden below my jacket. :-(

Wed Mar 22, 09:21:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

I'll have you know that in my misspent youth I bowled a fair bit, and was actually not that bad at it.

These days, no thanks. I have too much pride to do something I suck at so bad.

Wed Mar 22, 08:35:00 PM CST  
Blogger Kochukandhari says...

Maybe you should take a longer trip to Kerala...hope you have fun in Texas.

Wed Mar 22, 09:03:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rohini says...

You lucky thing. Can you lend D to me for a training program for my husband. He is pretty well-intentioned but has no idea where everything is and is so messy and clumsy. It's far more tiring to give him directions and instructions than to just do it myself!!!

Thu Mar 23, 11:44:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home