Wednesday, February 22, 2006

If you've got the poison I've got the remedy



This weekend D and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary. I came across pictures of us the year we met and we look shockingly young. I, Mint Chutney, was once 23 without a wrinkle on my face nor a trace of a toddler's breakfast on my shirt. For the big anniversary extravaganza we went for a fancy dinner AND a movie. This place was so fancy they had cloth napkins and served sorbet to cleanse our palette before the entree. Unfortunately by the end of the night my stomach wasn't feeling well. D decided THAT'S why he doesn't take me for fancy meals; my stomach's not used to such fine cuisine and he wants to spare me the abdominal distress.

We saw Transamerica. (Take one guess who got to pick the movie.) I liked it a lot. Felicity Huffman is phenomenal as a pre-op trans-sexual man who meets the son he never knew he had. The weekend before we saw Brokeback Mountain which I thought was a sweet love story albeit in a fairly weak plot. D asked if I was getting a discount from GLAAD to support all the Oscar nominated gay-themed movies out there. OK smart-ass..next up; Capote.

I think I've taken procrastination to an art form. I'm so behind on a particular function of my job yet I still can't muster the energy to get going. I was so incredibly restless today. I needed to reset my mind and body but for the life of me I just couldn't. Today I felt an emotion that I loathe; disappointment. In the end I realized I wasn't disappointed in anyone except myself.

25 Comments:

Blogger shakester says...

yup thats the worst kind of disappointment innit....

Saw Syriana, Crash and the Contant Gardener over the last 23 weekends- very good, outstanding and good...brokeback soon...

Wed Feb 22, 10:27:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Happy anniversary Minty and D! :)

Wed Feb 22, 10:28:00 PM CST  
Blogger AB says...

Hey happy anniversary to you guys!

Thu Feb 23, 01:18:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Congratulations Mint and D!
*Raises glass of wine in toast to a wonderful couple* :)

Thu Feb 23, 02:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Spot says...

Happy anniversary Mint and D! Wow, that is fancy, palette-cleansing sorbet. I've only had that once in my life.

Can't get Transamerica here, dang it!

Hope you clear the rut soon. Hugs.

Thu Feb 23, 02:57:00 AM CST  
Blogger mad angles says...

Procrastination to an art form? Lol! Well, if it makes you feel any better, I do that too!

Thu Feb 23, 04:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Oh no Mint Chutney, do not be so hard on yourself. You are one great woman with all you accomplish and an inspiration to all those working single women who one day want to start a family. :-) And you make time to blog!

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!

Thu Feb 23, 05:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jane Sunshine says...

I second Sines though I am not single nor have a proper job. 10 years! Here's to many, many, many more.

Thu Feb 23, 06:03:00 AM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Okay, the getting a discount from GLAAD comment is pretty funny. :-)

Happy anniversary!!!

Don't worry too much about the procrastination stuff. It usually means that a boost of energy and/or motivation is right behind it.

Thu Feb 23, 02:09:00 PM CST  
Blogger Menagerie says...

Hey, Congratulations to you and D! Happy Anniversary :)

Thu Feb 23, 02:12:00 PM CST  
Blogger Sonal says...

Hey Mint...Thanks for all your prayers and wishes! I really need them...Hope your mom is fine now?!

Thu Feb 23, 07:37:00 PM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

um, happy anniversary :)

Thu Feb 23, 11:19:00 PM CST  
Blogger that girl in pink says...

congrats on the 10 years!
p.s. your daughter's a cutie!!

Fri Feb 24, 01:37:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

Happy 10th Anniversary!

(If you were gay that'd be the equivalent of 50 years...)

I can't believe you made him watch a movie about a pre-op transsexual as part of your celebration!

Fri Feb 24, 01:55:00 AM CST  
Blogger Kunal Daswani says...

Happy anniversary! :)

Fri Feb 24, 04:47:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

Happy anniversary :)

Fri Feb 24, 07:54:00 AM CST  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) says...

Belated wishes...but sincere ones nevertheless.

Fri Feb 24, 03:08:00 PM CST  
Blogger Archster says...

Happy Anniversary....

and i couldnt agree more with your last paragraph.

Fri Feb 24, 11:03:00 PM CST  
Blogger anumita says...

Congrats on completing 10 years Minty!

Sat Feb 25, 01:44:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

happy anniversary! is the tummy settled now??

Sat Feb 25, 03:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

CONGRATULATIONS on ten years !!!!

Sat Feb 25, 03:50:00 AM CST  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

10th, huh? GREAT!! Wish you a belated Happy Anniversary. May you two celebrate many, many more together.

Sat Feb 25, 08:25:00 AM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!

(hugs hugs hugs)

Sun Feb 26, 03:25:00 AM CST  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

happy anniversary!!!
(sorry i know im late :S)
-hugs to u and d both-

Tue Feb 28, 02:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Wed Mar 01, 10:25:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home