Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Blue Monday



Greeting from California. I'm confused about what time it is but I'm fairly sure the sun hasn't come up yet. I went straight from the airport to the office and stayed late meeting with my manager and my team. There were people going out for drinks last night and as hard as they convinced me to go with them I retreated to the quiet of my room. I changed into my pajamas and ordered room service and took my laptop out to do some work. I remember eating my hamburger and washing up. I have a distant memory of turning on the TV and that was it. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep at 9pm (which in all fairness is 11pm in Chicago). I was awoken by a knock on my door at fucking 1am in the morning. I could here the drunken giggles of my colleagues and through the peephole I saw about 6 of them standing there waiting for me to open up. What was more disturbing was the group now included the cute Canadian business guy from my December meeting. I promptly climbed back into bed and under the covers and luckily they didn't persist. I watched Fraiser, one of the best written sitcoms in history, until 3am all the while eyeing my laptop on the table. When I have work that needs to be done my laptop beckons like a siren's call. Her alluring purr is a trap because when you start to work, the purr turns into a whirring sound. Perhaps it was always a whirring sound and I just chose to hear it differently.

The Boy called me at 5am to say good morning and to give me the run down on what he had for breakfast. D said the Boy slept in bed with him last night but he tosses and turns so it's not as restful as when I'm in bed. "Is that your way of saying you miss me?" I asked, to which he sighed and said "Yes..." (aw) "...plus you don't kick." (oh).

OK. I'm going to shower and get my day started. Tonight there's a big group dinner with "team building" activities and TL will be there so I'm sure to have a good time.

Cya

11 Comments:

Blogger Jay says...

So do you snore?

Tue Jan 10, 12:21:00 PM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Hope the 'team dinner' went well...plus hope you are sleeping well.

Tue Jan 10, 07:10:00 PM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

what a night
natchsticks and coffee for the eyes...

Tue Jan 10, 08:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

erm...matchsticks

Tue Jan 10, 08:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

What?
You turned down a potential group err.. never mind.

3 is still the ideal number (wink).

Wed Jan 11, 12:42:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

yeah i was gonna ask too.. do you snore?

my aunt snores loud enough to sound like 3 lions having a battle.
unwind soon!

Wed Jan 11, 01:17:00 AM CST  
Blogger anumita says...

So much travelling! Simply rocking life you lead, dear minty!

Wed Jan 11, 05:55:00 AM CST  
Blogger AB says...

Hi there, Happy New Year!

Thu Jan 12, 12:52:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

I love Frasier too !

Thu Jan 12, 07:47:00 AM CST  
Blogger Horsey says...

Where in California are you? I assume the Bay Area, but perhaps you are in LA or SD?

Sun Jan 15, 02:53:00 PM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Oh, travel. A bit of it is good. Too much of it is tiring. I just got back from London and I have to leave for the following trip next week. Unfortunately it's all business, not leisure, travel.

Tue Jan 17, 08:57:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home