Thursday, November 17, 2005

Oh oh, come take my hand, We're riding out tonight to case the promised land



I've been tagged by Rat although I'm modifying the list to include questions from other variations of this meme. As you can see, I can only muster up 5 things for each category:

Five Things I Plan to Do (the ones I can list):

  1. Join the International Red Cross as a traveling nurse
  2. Vacation with my mom in Rome
  3. Speak at least 4 foreign languages moderately well
  4. Skydive
  5. Run the Chicago Marathon
Five Things I Can't or Won't Do:
  1. Smoke
  2. Stay mad at people
  3. Whistle properly
  4. Drive stick shift
  5. Put a towel on the bathroom floor

Five Things I Can Do or Have Done:

  1. Made snow-angels in the middle of Red Square
  2. Be a really good friend
  3. Camped out for U2 tickets
  4. Play volleyball fairly well
  5. A backbend
Five movies I can watch over and over:
  1. It's a Wonderful Life
  2. Cinema Paradiso
  3. E.T.
  4. Amelie
  5. Shawshank Redemption

Five things I say the most:

  1. That's so random
  2. Oye
  3. Fuck/Fudge (depending on who's around and my/their comfort level)
  4. OK (but slowly and with emphasis like OHH-KAY)
  5. How you doin? (a la Joey)

Five words I like:

  1. kismet
  2. bliss
  3. municipality (newly acquired)
  4. liaison
  5. pharmacodynamics

Five important things in my bedroom (right now):

  1. My husband
  2. 4 plane tickets to India
  3. My journal
  4. An overstuffed chair perfect for reading
  5. A book my friend gave me

Five random facts about me:

  1. I rock at Trivial Pursuit
  2. I emotionally withdraw long before I mentally or physically withdraw
  3. I can't sleep right next to a wall if someone is sleeping next to me (slightly claustrophobic)
  4. I have a calcified protrusion on my right knee cap from where I dislocated it at age7
  5. I'm allergic to pineapples

As for my future children's names- who the hell thought of this question? Besides, I'm done birthing babies in this lifetime. My son is named after my dad while my daughter was given a name that D and I both liked although her middle name is after my mom. That being said there's one certain girl's name that will always hold a soft spot in my heart. *wink*

16 Comments:

Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee says...

Hmmm... interesting!

Fri Nov 18, 02:20:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Box says...

Sorry, I'm still looking at 'backbend.'

Fri Nov 18, 03:16:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

backbend?
municipality?
:)

Fri Nov 18, 04:40:00 AM CST  
Blogger Anurag says...

Hey, I have skydived. And run the half marathon (though in Bombay).

Fri Nov 18, 06:38:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

What can I say...we must have been neighbours in our previous life :)

Fri Nov 18, 07:59:00 AM CST  
Blogger S says...

oye!

Fri Nov 18, 09:14:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Err...who's this certain girl we are talking about may I ask?

Sat Nov 19, 01:37:00 AM CST  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

i think 'calcified protrusion' should have made your '5 words that i like' list
its definitely made mine now :D

Sat Nov 19, 02:44:00 AM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Nov 19, 07:35:00 AM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

CINEMA PARADISO!!! That's one of my most favorite movies of all time.

Sat Nov 19, 07:36:00 AM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

mint, can't a backbend (?) facilitate a blogable picture?
:)

Sat Nov 19, 07:36:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

hoo dat be?.... huh? temme? hoo dat?..

alright.. sorry for the language change.. my friend and i are on a "black" accent for a while now...

ahem, ok will stop rambling...am still figuring out what i want my kids to be named.. and EEW!! id never put my towel on the floor either!

Mon Nov 21, 03:17:00 AM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Also looking at "backbend".

Mmmmm Minty, I like ;)

Mon Nov 21, 04:05:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

Who this certain girls name and what is this winking and all ??

You never cease to amaze by the way. just when we think we know you , you still manage to surprise.

Thats a compliment by the way.

Tue Nov 22, 12:03:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

Why can't you put towels on the bathroom floor? Are there some deep seated linen/plumbing issues left unresolved from your childhood?

Wed Nov 23, 03:16:00 AM CST  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Sudipta: Hmmm...thanks!

Box: Yes, backbend.

Vague: : )

Anurag: I was going to put "run a marathon in 3 countries" but I figure I should see if I survive the one at home firstt.

Sun: There's still time to remedy that in this lifetime my friend. : )

s: Of all the words mentioned, I say "oye" the most.

AB: huh?

MM: LOL. I guess if I saw it on someone else's blog it would have made my top 5.

stolie: The first time I saw it I wondered why it wasn't on everyone's favorite movie list.

akr: LOL! hmmmm... must try and see.

grrl: wassup?

wandernut: : )

rat: how on earth did this list surprise you?

jay: towels meant to dry your body should never touch the floor regardless of washing it immediately afterwards.

Wed Nov 23, 12:51:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home