Sunday, October 16, 2005

Send in the Clowns



First things first. I received the following wonderful postcard from Dr Sunrayz.

R's postcard

Now if I were a guy I would worry about how her postcard was twice the size of mine but I'm not, so I won't.

IMG_1901

Thanks for the wonderful words Sun. I'm heading to London to see my cousin in the springtime and will definitely look you up.

I've had a rollercoaster of a time the last couple days. Unfortunately life doesn't come with an instruction manual and sometimes you just have to wing it. In the meantime enjoy some pictures of my weekend.

mommy shirt
The Girl and I went on a shopping expedition while D was away.

IMG_1857
At the Pumpkin "Patch" which was more like a parking space with a few dozen pumpkins.

IMG_1876
Shopping for Halloween costumes.

IMG_1879
The Girl is going to be a pink leopard.

IMG_1874
The Boy in some sort of swine mask. In the end, he chose a knight costume.

IMG_1896
Birthday party for the Boy's friend.

IMG_1885
You learn something new everyday. Today's lesson: The girl is deathly afraid of clowns.

IMG_1895
Check out the homemade cake. It was a carousel with horses and a canopy (missing in the photo)

8 Comments:

Blogger Sunrayz says...

Mint! I am so glad you got the card :) I picked the bigger card as I thought it looked so much better than a smaller one. Plus, I love the girl's pics- i was missing 'seeing' the girl and 'the boy' on your blog. Like I have said before- she looks sooooo adorable. And- I am already very excited that you will be around in London next year!! That's the best news I have heard on a cloudy monday morning!

Mon Oct 17, 03:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Nice postcards! The girl is really so adorable!

Mon Oct 17, 04:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

sweet pictures!

Mon Oct 17, 07:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

Minty: C'mon, wear this weird mask.
The Boy: No!
Minty: C'mon, do it for Mommy.
The Boy: No!
Minty: C'mon, Mommy needs a picture for her blog!
The Boy: No!
Minty: Put it on or I take your picture without the mask and post it so that every pyscho and klepto in America knows exactly who you are and follows you home from school and steals ALL your toys.
The Boy: -puts on mask-

Mon Oct 17, 03:53:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

You card was posted today. The second one. This one with 37c licked onto it.

I thought that was an elephant mask he had on...

Mon Oct 17, 04:51:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Sun:Thanks again! It looks great on my fridge.

Lavi: I had your address from the CD exchange so I sent one to you. : )

Tart: Thanks!

Jay: Shit. Did you record the whole conversation or just that bit?? For the record I didn't say the klepto would steal ALL his toys.. just his beloved Thomas the Train.

Vig: JUST received the first one today. Thanks!

Mon Oct 17, 07:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Mints back. Mints back. Woohoo ;)

Mon Oct 17, 11:42:00 PM CDT  
Blogger jemgal says...

weekends lesson:
whenever you want 'the girl' to do something or leave the other, tell her otherwise if she doesnt obey a clown will come and scare her.

a little parental blackmailing goes a beautiful long way... sometimes...

Thu Oct 20, 09:34:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home