Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rock the Cradle of Love



OK. This woman is obviously sleep-deprived and delirious. WTF? D and I have always agreed never to let the children outnumber the parents. I love my children to death but sometimes I have questioned my own sanity after dealing with the tantrums and over-dramatization of the most inane situations. PLUS, I find that prolonged, consistent exposure (like for example when your husband is having a nice holiday in New York the same weekend your 15 month old daughter decides that she no longer needs an afternoon nap and would rather try her hand at riding the dog like he's the Black Stallion) leaves even the most intelligent adult as coherent as Rain Man.

Case in point, on Monday while I was training a team member on our new software I actually said the following "And if there is no adverse event then you can click the tool bar to make the screen go bye-bye." Smooth Minty. Very smooth.

14 Comments:

Blogger D says...

very smooth. hahahahahahaha!
my sis always insists that she lost a part of her brain when her first was born and then the rest of it when the second appeared :)
parenting is scary business eh?

Wed Oct 12, 10:56:00 PM CDT  
Blogger D says...

ohmegawd
am the FIRST and the second to comment :) how kewl is that!!

Wed Oct 12, 10:57:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

*chuckle*
ickle minty needs more gwown up fwends!
hehe

i sometimes wonder how my parents can stand my brother and i coz we really ARE pain-in-the-asses sometimes...phwoar. 16 kids.

thats MENTAL.

Thu Oct 13, 12:18:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Anurag says...

Really? Can you make the screen go bye-bye like that?

Thu Oct 13, 12:50:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

How cool are you woman!? :) That was a great read.

Thu Oct 13, 04:07:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

Kinda like when I say "Oopsy daisy!" when I drop something in the BOARDROOM in the middle of a meeting :D Funny read. As for the mom with 16 kids (and thinking of more:o) I agree with you - she is sleep deprived. Everyone knows the first thing to be affected when you are sleep deprived is your decision making power and logical thinking. Need one say more???

Thu Oct 13, 08:59:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

lol that was funny! :D

i used to try to sit on my dog when i was little too...he woudl take me a few feet then jump and throw me off when he was fed up...my mom insists he was the one who bopped me on the head!

Thu Oct 13, 11:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sujith says...

lol.. applicable to any windows programs ;-)

Thu Oct 13, 04:42:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

HAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHA.

Or saying stuff like:
I need to go poo-poo or wee-wee.

Thu Oct 13, 09:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Go bye-bye!! hahaha

Fri Oct 14, 03:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 says...

Hey. I've started a blog that is collecting all the 55 word stories. Can I use yours?

Fri Oct 14, 06:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Arjun says...

:lol:
Bye-bye, screen!

Fri Oct 14, 07:11:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Ashu M says...

16?!? That is absolutely ridonkulous. Reminds me of a certain song in a certain Monty Python movie ... sad, really.
And this became the most linked and forwarded story on Yahoo! yesterday!

Fri Oct 14, 09:07:00 AM CDT  
Blogger missbhavens says...

Not only is that woman sleep deprived, she lucky as heck she didn't bleed to death. She needs to put her uterus on permanent vacation.

Screen go bye-bye. I love it.

Sun Oct 16, 03:10:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home