Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Opposite View



Conversation earlier between my sister J (the newlywed) and I:

Me: So I'm sitting there watching CNN interview Harriet Miers freaking hairdresser when D comes over and switches the channel to catch the football highlights. Can you believe that? He didn't even ask...

J: Geez Mint, you have to learn give and take in a marriage.

Me: ::::: blank stare:::::

J: Wha?

Me: Are you giving me relationship advice?

J: I...uh..well yeah. I guess I am.

Me: (I'm in a really bitchy mood today). Sweetie, I have gum in my purse older than your marriage. I think I know a wee bit more about give-and-take than you do.

J: (rolls her eyes)

Lately I'm reminded of how opposite D and I are. I'm a night-owl, he's an early bird. I'm a news junkie, he's a sports fanatic. I love seafood while he thinks beef is a birthright. Some days we are the poster children for "opposites attract".

9 Comments:

Blogger Rat says...

Yay Im first to comment again !!!!

You'll are the poster children for "Blogs perfect couple " :)

Tue Oct 04, 11:23:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

As Paula Abdul would sing:

It ain't fiction but a natural fact...
... that opposites attract.

Wed Oct 05, 02:06:00 AM CDT  
Blogger shakester says...

...and other days it seems you have so much in common.....?
:)

Wed Oct 05, 03:12:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

hehe D sounds hilarious man..
and today i learnt in psychology that 'opposites do attract, as long as their long term goals are the same'
there ya go!

Wed Oct 05, 03:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger anumita says...

That's the fun part, minty! Though I admit me and hubby too are the opposite ends. But I get my way mostly :)

Wed Oct 05, 07:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

LOL! What a great post! Well, sister dear surely is basking in the warmth of her newly-married-sun-shines-always
phase :) But,it is pretty good fun to be married to your opposite. You look at them and say to yourself-f***, that could've been me!!! Have a nice day my dear!

Wed Oct 05, 09:16:00 AM CDT  
Blogger TB says...

ddon't know if u got the tag, but have tagged u anyway

Wed Oct 05, 09:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

oh dear.. this is NOT helping!..*runs yelling*

Wed Oct 05, 10:52:00 AM CDT  
Blogger D says...

you say po-ta-to
i say po-taa-to
:)

Wed Oct 05, 09:44:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home