Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Afterglow



I just remembered a few details from the wedding day.

Here are the roses that arrived the morning of the wedding. They are from R to my sister J and the card reads: I can't believe this day is finally here. I love you so much.
IMG_1769


Wedding favors
Here are the wedding favors that were at each table setting. They're a set of glass coasters with the word LOVE on it. If they weren't so heavy I would have included some in the next CD exchange.

IMG_1779
J's wedding bouquet is now on my parent's mantel.

Bridesmaid bouquet
My bridesmaid bouquet looking very wilted now.

Sunday we headed back over to my parent's where family was beginning to catch flights home. I can't tell you how much fun it was to have the majority of my family in one place. Maybe it was because they were there for a finite amount of time so there was no room to get annoyed and such. Whatever it was, promises were made for visits to various places around the US and abroad.

IMG_1764
Wave of people leaving

IMG_1765
More Goodbyes (London Cousin and NY Uncle)

IMG_1790
Dad waving bye

IMG_1797
My parent's empty house minus 60 people

The only one left is my cousin from London and she is absolutely fabulous. She's an economist whose office is down the street from Buckingham Palace and the woman lives on about 5 hours of sleep a day. Since the wedding we've spent our time happily chatting the night away.

IMG_1800
Full moon rising

IMG_1799
We went to a bar with over 100 varieties of beers. My sister M is taking London Cousin to the U2 concert tonight.

J and R are now on their honeymoon in Jamaica where Hurricane Rita is sure to dump lots of rain. My uncle said it's their honeymoon and they probably weren't planning on seeing much of the island anyway. Hey! That's my baby sister you're talking about.

After months of planning it's hard to get back to the routine of everyday life. Luckily I have a 2 week vacation in India to look forward to in December.

14 Comments:

Blogger Wandernut says...

Wow.
R's gesture is SO sweet.
They must be SO VERY IN LOVE.

Tue Sep 20, 10:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger D says...

everything about you're post is blurry after i registered the thing about the U2 concert. that is on my "to-do" list before i die...
and doesn't the bride chuck the bouquet into the waiting girls hands behind her? and then the one who catches it is the one who gets married next???
all in all sounds like you had a blast mint :)

Tue Sep 20, 11:24:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Yes your 2 week vacation in India is definitely something to look forward to :)

Tue Sep 20, 11:28:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Really Wow! So sweet how R sent the roses with that note! Sigh! It must feel so empty with everyone gone now. I'm sure your holiday in India will be just as great!

Wed Sep 21, 01:40:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Where in India are you heading to?

Wed Sep 21, 02:06:00 AM CDT  
Blogger D says...

are you going to the capital city as well???

Wed Sep 21, 04:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Alright, so two week vacation in India. Any chance, however slight, of you stepping out of God's Own Country ?

Wed Sep 21, 05:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

In your last post you said that R's not Indian. But in your pics, everyone is Indian. Where's the groom? Where's his family? When are we going to see some full frontals? :-p

Wed Sep 21, 03:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Wander: He's definitely a sweet guy.

D: She didn't throw her bouquet. But 2 of her bridesmaids threw-up at the after-party if that counts.

Rat: I'm looking forward to it : )

Lavi: My parents are having a hard time dealing with the quiet house.

AB: Kerala. My parents have a house outside of Cochin.

D: No, but R and J will go see the Taj.

Vig: Nope. 2 weeks will barely be enough time to overload D with all my relatives.

Jay: LOL. I sent you an e-mail.

Wed Sep 21, 04:13:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Do come over to Delhi na.

Thu Sep 22, 12:48:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

R sending J roses on their wedding day... its the little things... so sweet

Thu Sep 22, 09:41:00 PM CDT  
Blogger shakester says...

it all sounds lovely- wedding can be so heart warming I tell you...

Fri Sep 23, 02:23:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Anurag says...

Seems like a fun wedding! The best part for me was the bar with more than 100 varieties of beer. Tell me the name and I will patronize it on my next trip to Chicago.

Fri Sep 23, 06:08:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

..Mint...too much marriage talk.. and i dont mean from you...you know... its getting a bit overwhelming...

hopes its like what you just experienced..
*looks Scared*

Imagine... i havnt even gushed about U2...

Sat Sep 24, 11:08:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home