Friday, September 09, 2005

Temptation



People are beginning to receive my Mint CD packages and my faith in the international postal system is once again restored (sort of). When I first suggested the idea of a CD exchange a few months ago I only had a few takers. Along the way I also decided to send stuff to others who I felt needed a pick-me-up... a little bit of Mint love if you please. In all, I sent 9 packages to 5 different countries and I loved every minute of it (except when my first package never made it to India!!). In truth, I possess the heart of a hippie. Not an annoying never-wash-or-shave-my -legs hippie. I'm the sort of free spirit who's looking to diversify her retirement account. I put a lot of love into each one of these packages. Wouldn't the world be a better place if you sent a care package and hand written note to a complete stranger?

Mint Mix Revisited August 2005

That's The Way Love Is- Poi Dog Pondering
Lovers leaving without reason
feelingss change just like seasons
And no, nothings the same
Ain't no use in pretending I can hide the pain

It's catchy and I picture Grrl playing it loud in her kitchen while she cooks.

Beautiful World (Acoustic) -Colin Hay
Overkill (Acoustic)-Colin Hay
I heart Colin Hay and his work since leaving Men at Work has been outstanding. A little touch of Australia for Ms Penny Lane

Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
Catchy tune. As an added bonus it's in the movie Ice Age so the Boy loves it as well.

Little Plastic Castles - Ani DeFranco
Fingeek and I both like the same lyrics

Good Morning Heartache - Billie Holiday
What can I say. I love the old standards and this one in particular has helped me through some difficult nights.

NightSwimming - REM
Nightswimming, remembering that night.

Temptation - New Order
Up, down, turn around
Please don't let me hit the ground
Tonight I think I'll walk alone
I'll find my soul as I go home

Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
This one is lesser known than some of the others I could have chosen. I was telling Rat about this song so I decided to include it.

El Matador - Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
I defy anyone not to play this one loud. A perfect song for Lavi to practice Kalari with.

Let My Love Open The Door - Pete Townshend
I like this version from the soundtrack to Grosse Pointe Blank.

Somebody's Crying - Chris Isaak
From Forever Blue, one of the best break-up albums EVER.

Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
The guitar/banjo comes on and I can't help but tap my feet

Naked Eye - Luscious Jackson
Last night I came into your home
to break some ice and throw some stones

It Had To Be You - Harry Connick Jr
I love big band music. Added this as a special shout-out to Wandernut as she's a HC Jr. fan.

Angry Words - Willy Porter
it's a simple life I lead, still got a lot to learn about

Kissing a Fool - Michael Buble
Originally by George Michael. I like this version with the big band in the background.

Waiting in Vain - Annie Lennox
If I had half the talent Annie Lennox possess in her little finger...well, I'd have a lot of talent.
The tears in my eyes burn
The tears in my eyes burn
while I'm waiting
while I'm waiting for my turn

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Never use the postal service to send packages to India. DHL is the way to go, cost is comparable. UPS is a good second choice.

Fri Sep 09, 12:47:00 PM CDT  
Blogger mister says...

Wow, your friends are sure lucky! cool songs. And to have a friend who takes a little time to share a little 'Mint love'. And yes, this world would be much a better place if people who send a little care to strangers...

Fri Sep 09, 07:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger moonlit rainbows says...

nothing beats the handwritten letter :). I have a few friends who still believe in the power of the medium despite the convenience of email! You are a bright spot, Mint :). Thanks!

Fri Sep 09, 09:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Awww, that's soo sweet Mint, now every time I listen to that song I'll feel all special! I still haven't picked up the package from Rat but thanks a ton anyway and a nice long email will follow shortly. :)

Fri Sep 09, 11:36:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

You dont know how lucky I feel to be part of this elite group who has received this Mint "love" package. Your the best !!!

(More on my blog soon)

Sat Sep 10, 12:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

I was lucky enough to be online with the Rat when she got her Mint-Pack... thats a lot of Mint-Love :)very, very thoughtful!

Sat Sep 10, 05:14:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

i DID play it loud in my kitchen!!AND i was SO impressed to see you added Ani defranco...:D lol she is awesome!

Solzbury hill brought back so many memories... we have very similar tastes mint!... very good mix!

you should moonlight as a DJ~!!

MEAHAHAHAH!*hugs*

Sat Sep 10, 05:24:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Anon- Thanks for the helpful hint

Mister- A little bit of Mint love goes a long way. ; )

Sa- Hardly a bright spot but I absolutely believe in handwritten letters.

Lavi- Consider it the new theme for the Kalari Kid.

Rat- I meant what I said on my postcard. : )

Tart- Thanks! I heard she was very...happy.

Grrl- I'm glad you liked it!

Sat Sep 10, 01:37:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Sigh! I missed this round of Mint 'love'. Hopefully there will be another one in the near future.

Sat Sep 10, 02:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Sun- YOU, my friend, will definitely be a part of round 2. : )

Sat Sep 10, 08:18:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Gush.Gush.Gush.
Box told me he got his package (along with mine!)
Thank Minty! Can't wait till he passes it to me on Monday! Yippeee:)HUGZ!

Sun Sep 11, 03:45:00 AM CDT  
Blogger D says...

:(

Sun Sep 11, 11:44:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Got my CD today ! Yipppeee !

Curious but very chweet contents though... and yes, Chicago looks the very same !

Thanks Minty !

Mon Sep 12, 01:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jax says...

My first time here. How does one get to be on the receiving end of Mint Love!!?:)
Very thoughtfully made CD I must say! Everyones showing it off on their blog and their hearty smile shows!:)

Mon Sep 12, 03:32:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sonal says...

Hey neat concept....Could I be a part of it too? Let me know when you guys decide to go for round 2...

Tue Sep 13, 05:23:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home