Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Satellite strung from the moon and the world your balloon..



A sampling of my morning IM conversation with my best friend Ley

Me: I just can't wake up this morning. Gawd, I hate Mondays.

Ley: Sweetie, it's Tuesday.

Me: ?

Ley: Yesterday was a holiday (Labor Day). It's Tuesday.

Me: Shit! It's only 8:30 and I'm already a whole day behind.

Ley: Oh, I have my last physical therapy for my knee today with hottie.

Me: Which one?? shorter Keanu Reeves or Ben Chapin?

Ley: Who the hell is Ben Chapin?

Me: Oye! We go through this ever time. The guy from Truth About Cats and Dogs, Birthday Girl and that one with Sandra Bullock. The one where she ended up dating the guy who was like 18.

Ley: Ms Congeniality?

Me: No! That's Benjamin Bratt. The cute guy from The Notebook. Great, now I got to go Google it.

Ley: Knucklehead (her boyfriend) didn't want to see the Notebook. Have you seen it?

Me: No. D said he'd rather go shoe shopping with me than watch that movie. Ryan Gossling!

Ley: Oh him! He's cute in a jailbait sort of way.

Me: I know! That's exactly what I told someone the other day.

Ley: You know who else is cute in a jailbait sort of way? Andy Roddick

Me: Geez Ley..he's like 18. I'm pretty sure that's illegal in some states.

Ley: No! He's at least 21. Isn't he?

Ley: Now I gotta Google and find out.

Me: (sigh) I love Google. The Boy is addicted to Google Earth. He keeps bringing up random satellite images of houses. We looked at your place.

Ley: Ha! Andy is 23. Ohhh and it says he "plays right-handed". That's good to know.

Me: You sicko! They're talking about tennis. Ugh.

Ley: However I choose to interpret that info is my business.

Me: Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson...

Ley: Jesus loves you more than you will know Whoa whoa whoa

Me: LOL

Me: We should take our Name That Tune show on the road.

Ley: Cute Canadian guy from 6th floor just borrowed my stapler.

Me: I gotta go

Ley: BTW Keanu Reeves.

Me: Cool!

I love how we went off on 10 million different tangents but I still understood what she meant at the end.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

You have to admit that Andy Roddick is very cute.

Priya

Tue Sep 06, 02:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger D says...

isnt that what best friends are about???
BTW - ben chapin - verrrrry cute ;)

Tue Sep 06, 09:20:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Sounds just like me and my bestfriend.
We go off tangent, sing songs in between (all on IM) and then back to the topic. And complete each other's sentences.

Life's SO MUCH better when you've got a really good girlfriend, innit? :)

Tue Sep 06, 09:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

It's too bad my best girlfriends are on another freaking continent! It's never the same now, with girls I meet!

I also think Andy Roddick is cute.

Tue Sep 06, 10:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Ya, it's so great when your girlfriends just know what you mean/ are thinking.

Tue Sep 06, 11:57:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

feels good to know someone that well...or to be known that well ...:)

Wed Sep 07, 12:34:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Red Inked says...

"I'll rather go shoe shopping with (anyone) than watch that movie."
Bad movie, bad date - can't forget either! EAhhhh..

Wed Sep 07, 02:01:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

BEN CHAPLIN MINTY... BEN CHAPLIN...

he is SOOOOO CUTE!! yeah i like your taste in guys.. TOTALLY !*wink wink*

Wed Sep 07, 02:53:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Girl friends- ROCK !! :)

Wed Sep 07, 03:11:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sujatha Bagal says...

Nice post! Loved Truth About Cats and Dogs. Have also seen Birthday Girl. Yup, he's cute.

But sorry to say never had a proper girl friend. May be I don't know what I'm missing, but I think I'm getting there with my sis-in-law in B'lore (or as they say here, "co-sister").

Wed Sep 07, 07:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Priya: He is sorta cute.

D: Ben Chapin is VERY cute

Wandernut: Yes, I feel very lucky.

Penny: No one will ever replace those girlfriends you make in your youth although I have made some great new friends in the last year.

Lavi: I totally agree.

Vague: It feels good to have that comfort level with someone.

Red Inked: Bad date coupled with a bad movie is never good.

Grrl: Looks like we have a little Ben Chapin fan club.

Sun: : )

Sujatha: Welcome! The Truth About Cats and Dogs is such a sweet movie.

Wed Sep 07, 02:22:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home