Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Honey & The Moon



Yesterday I received my CD package from Penny Lane all the way from Melbourne Australia. Holy moly!!

Penny Lane

I'll start by saying the package contained a wonderful item call Tim Tam biscuits which Penny explains are like an Australian cultural icon. Um..Minty had hit a rough patch when this package arrived and before I knew it, I polished off half the pack of Tim Tams. Man, they're damn good. When D came home, I gave him the package and said "Make sure I don't eat any more of these" which he gladly complied with. There are also chocolates in the shape of Freddo Frogs which is like some national mascot or something. I could care less what shape my chocolate comes in; animal, vegetable, mineral, etc. As long as there's chocolate in it, I'm good. Don't worry Penny, I'm sharing with everyone.

Also enclosed are a cool boomerang magnet and 2 postcards which are all on my fridge now.

In addition to a wonderful CD (with yet another prosessional cover) was something that floored me. Penny made a book that listed every song on the CD along with their album cover and lyrics. The Essential Lyrics Guide to Penny Lane Compilations Cut 1 is priceless and something I will keep forever. The CD has been playing nonstop since it arrived. I will let Penny share the song list with you on her site.

Thank you Miss Penny Lane. You really, really, really made my day!

9 Comments:

Blogger The Box says...

Wow. You got some Aussie Tim Tams! They sell em here too but I think they're made from a slightly different grade of chocolate since countries like Malaysia are hotter and stuff tends to melt (a fact I found out the hard way when I trid to bring some home).

But yeah, they are kind of an Aussie icon. When summer arrives, they actually run ads to remind you to keep your Arnott's Tim Tams in the fridge.

Wed Aug 31, 11:53:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

AHHHHH!!! i have that exact same boomerang magnet !!! my parents came back from Adelaide a week ago and my mom sent me one,.... its blue and its on my fridge!!!
WOOOO!! thast so cool!!

Wed Aug 31, 12:14:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

Minty! Before you finish the rest of the Tim Tams, do this:

1. Take one Tim Tam and bite off two diagonally opposing corners.

2. Dip one bitten-off end into a cup of tea.

3. Suck the tea into the Tim Tam from the other bitten-off end.

4. Once the Tim Tam is totally saturated with hot tea (careful, it's hot!) pop the whole thing into your mouth.

5. Ask D to hold you as you convulse in orgasmic ecstasy.

6. Reapeat till the whole damn packet is gone.

Wed Aug 31, 02:54:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

@Jay: I see you have experimented with Tim Tams quite a bit ;)

Glad you enjoyed it all Mint :)

Wed Aug 31, 07:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger D says...

how does this CD thingy work again??
:)

Wed Aug 31, 09:21:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Mint: ENJOY THEM SLOWLY! No, quickly! Ooohh, Tim Tams are the best choc biscuits in the world! The Freddo Frogs can be found in all sorts of flavours and fillings in Australia too! Penny Lane's such a sweetie to send you those!

Box: The Tim Tams in Malaysia are made in Indonesia. They don't taste the same. AT ALL.

Jay: Yeah! That's like a really neat Aussie trick. My dormies and I used to do it with coffee (black, unsweetened) and yep, we can finish a whole pack (or more), EACH.

Wed Aug 31, 09:26:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Oh my god !! So sweet !!! I have to go pick up my Penny Lane package NOW !! Its arrived but its with someone else !

Wed Aug 31, 11:45:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

WOW! what an awesome package.. I feel reallly, reallly guilty now that I didn't put anything else in my package to everyone... I should have... damn, I should have.

Wed Aug 31, 11:51:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Box: Cold Tim Tams. YUM

Grrl: The magnet is so cute, no?

Jay: Wow. Um..sounds like you have a lot of..um..experience with Tim Tams.

Penny: Thanks again!!!!

D: I think we may do it again in December so we'll provide details then.

Wander: The BEST (BEST!) in the whole world.

Rat: Go get it! If it has any Tim Tams, can I have some?

Lavi: What nonesense! We had no obligations in this remember. Don't make me come over there...

Thu Sep 01, 01:45:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home