Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Nothin' much to say I guess...



Just the same as all the rest
Been tryin' to throw my arms around the world - U2

I'm blog-bored. I don't know if it's blogger burnout or the fact that I'm about as interesting as a stick of butter these days. I want my cake and I want to eat it too (and if you have ice-cream, then put that on the plate as well). I want to say so many things on my blog but I want to preserve my anonymity. I think this de-centralized office environment is the culprit. At my old job I had a great big circle of friends. I knew everyone's name at my company and just enough about them to have personalized conversations. My friends would add 15 minutes to whatever time we were supposed to meet for lunch because I was always delayed with conversations along the way. Now? Now I use my Vulcan mind control to will people into IM conversations. I feel dull. My project team likes me but I'm very careful to maintain my boss-persona. I've been in situations before where people can't separate the boss-Mint from the off hours-Mint and I don't want to fall into that trap at this company. I'm feeling tired and blah and alone.

Rat's friend Eirik had audio posts on his blog and that idea intrigues me. Will knowing what my voice sounds like take away part of the mystery of Mint Chutney? I mean, you guys already know that I hate broccoli and have had my heart broken once...is nothing sacred to me in blogland? (rhetorical question)

11 Comments:

Blogger Rat says...

Come on Mint thats a brilliant idea !!! And throw in a bit of the mallu !!!

Tue Jul 19, 11:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

Go Mint! Go!
Hopefully by the time you decide & do that, my blog guru The Rat, would've explained how to listen in... haven't yet figured out Eirik's last post!

Wed Jul 20, 12:16:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Heh Heh says...

yay for enabling comments, mint(i) :)

Wed Jul 20, 12:19:00 AM CDT  
Blogger MangyCat says...

I just happened upon your blog by clicking the old "Next Blog" link. Love it! You've got a nice wit, even if you have nothing to say. ;o)

Wed Jul 20, 12:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

nah.. we all get this way for a while.. take a break or something... or go do something fun this weekend.. then youll have something to blog about...

Wed Jul 20, 05:55:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sushil says...

I have heard a lot of "Saayip" (Americanized) Malayalam in my time there from my relatives who were born there. So I doubt if yours would be too bad. Go for an audio blog in Mall :-).

Wed Jul 20, 06:29:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

Oooh Minty on audio.

That reminds me of a scene in this movie - can't remember which - where this guy works partime on the gay chatlines. He's having a conversation with his mate and every now and then he'll turn back to the phone and go "Yeah yeah, I'm licking your balls."

OK, I don't know WHY I'm reminded of this scene, but suddenly I'm disturbed.

Wed Jul 20, 07:04:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Rat- You go first. : )

Tart- Eirik has 2 posts on there now...one from the side of a mountain no less.

Fin- Changed my mind...

Mangycat- Welcome! Unfortunately I couldn't get to your blog via your link.

Grrl- I have stuff to say...just not interesting stuff.

Sushil- Welcome! Wait til you hear it... my ammachi cringes everytime I try to speak.

Jay- Wasn't that on Queer as Folk? (Can you tell I had to refer to my gay-friendly media guide?)

Wed Jul 20, 07:44:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

The voice, can usually be used very effectively to suggest this whole mystery notion! :) So, i shall watch out for this... sounds like much tech hepness.

Wed Jul 20, 09:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Arjun says...

Guess that's something all of us are a bit paranoid about.
Try an audiopost, anyways! I'm sure it'll make you less blog-bored.

Thu Jul 21, 08:05:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 says...

You live in EVANSTON!! How cool! That makes us neighbours. Whereabouts do you stay in E-town? I live across the road from the Civic Centre.

And no, I don't do yoga. Though there is a program at the fitness centre at Northwestern, where I go to school.

Thu Jul 21, 03:52:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home