Thursday, July 14, 2005

She's a brick...house...



Sleep deprivation is a funny thing. Not like funny ha-ha. More like my-shoe-lace-is-untied-isn't-that-hilarious funny. I feel like I'm in a haze. I've been quite the social butterfly lately which is funny (i.e. ironic) as I usually prefer home-bound activities. Last night was dinner and drinks (vodka lemonades (yum)) with former co-workers. My former boss and friend, TL, has a new house that she and her boyfriend built together. Beautiful wood everywhere. Built-ins all over the place. A bathtub bigger than my entire living room. Modern and absolutely beautiful.

TL was my boss for 6 years. She and I have mutual admiration and respect for each other and during our final years together, became pretty good friends. It's because of TL I started working with weights at the gym (see picture below and you'll see why). In January, we both moved to the same company although we are not on any of the same projects. After a lot of heartache and disappointment, she and her boyfriend found each other later in life (in their 40's) and as cliche as it sounds, they complete each other. Despite having been together for a few year they still gaze at each other like they're on their 3rd date. *sigh*

Anyway. My camera ran out of batteries so the pictures I did get will not do the house justice.

Kitchen
The oven is the size of a small car

IMG_1128
Sink in Powder Room (that's what she called it)

IMG_1132
Fireplace in library (like in a BBC movie)

Sink(s)
Sinks in master bath

Bathtub
Steps up to the tub. The shower is on the other side and is enclosed in glass.

Yum
Yum!

TL
Check out the muscle definition of her arm. Ugh!

6 Comments:

Blogger Penny Lane says...

I am so having a "his" sink and a "hers" sink whenever I have enough money to design my own bathroom

Thu Jul 14, 08:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Wow! These almost look like pictures from a hotel! Yes, when I have the money...!!!

Thu Jul 14, 11:52:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Hey which one are you? In the food pic, red or black?

I love the look of the bath. The sinks. Looks very plush.

Fri Jul 15, 02:30:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

Sheesh that bathroom is NICE.

I think her arm looks skinny in that pic! But then again I like my biceps big and rock solid...

Fri Jul 15, 04:13:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

I love the bathtub !!

Fri Jul 15, 04:47:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Wow! What a house! Especially the bathroom....sigh....

Fri Jul 15, 04:47:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home