Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday



For those of you who have known me since March....

(Cue theme from Rocky. Mint enters the arena with her arms raised in triumph)

I did it! I finally cleaned out my office. I forgot that I had carpeting underneath the piles of books.

clean desk

Desk view 2

look at that bookshelf

all clean (ignore the moving boxes)


My cleaning the office was necessitated by the fact that we are hosting at least 4 parties from June-August. The first occurred this past weekend as D's mom and sister's came down to see us. I'm very lucky to have great in-laws and we all had a great time.

OK. There are still a few issues. The closet door won't close completely because I have a hanging door rack that is packed with shoes. My husband said perhaps I should get rid of few. Blasphemy! A woman can never have too many clogs or lavender sandals that only go with one outfit she owns.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Now let's see how long this lasts :-)

Tue Jun 28, 09:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Teegee: My, my, aren't we a smart-ass so early in the morning. I'll have you know that it's been 4 whole days and it's still clean. HA!

Tue Jun 28, 10:17:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Don't listen to her ! I have faith in your obsessive compulsiveness to clean ! and organize !! Not to worry !! But honestly, once again, I seem to have indulged in the same cleaning process, albeit for my entire house. Though, unlike you, I didnt take proper Before and After pics. I will dirty it a bit and flip the pics around I guess ;)

Wed Jun 29, 12:01:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Heh Heh says...

pray why bring up such depressing topics? i've been putting it off for some months now. there's probably a couple of homeless people living in this mess somewhere now.

Wed Jun 29, 12:57:00 AM CDT  
Blogger eM says...

It looks loff-ly :) I used to clean up my desk too, mainly to put off studying for an exam I was cleaning up for, but it always wound up looking like a tornado hit it anyway. So I gave up. Ah well.

Wed Jun 29, 12:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger AB says...

Nice office

Wed Jun 29, 04:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Ya, very nice looking office. I especially like the wooden cupboard.

Wed Jun 29, 06:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

I meant the wooden book shelf cum writing table cum something else.. you now what I mean!

Wed Jun 29, 06:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

I sometimes go through phases where I simply MUST tidy everything up, or I'd die. Thankfully these phases don't come often, or last very long.

But you go right ahead and keep it up.

Wed Jun 29, 12:16:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

I so agree with your observation on shoes :) Like the clean desk. Specially like the cherry finish furniture (it IS cherry, isn't it?) But don't like the fact that you have shamed me into cleaning my desk :( Well, we'll see how good a procrastinator I am...

Wed Jun 29, 04:15:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Anurag says...

Oooooh! Nice furniture. I am with TeeGee. If you are a human being, this is too good to last.

Wed Jun 29, 11:24:00 PM CDT  
Blogger sameer says...

what printer is that? :)

Thu Jun 30, 01:09:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Lavender Sandals- So pretty !!

Thu Jun 30, 02:12:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Nimbus says...

Yello! Came by after a while, so doing the standard dropping note saying hello bit. Me likey the 'two trees against evening sky' painting next to bookcase. You make?

Any messier yet? :)

Thu Jun 30, 04:50:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home