Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hello Goodbye



I still have best friends who knew me when I was a chubby, 6th grader. We still hang out, sans our significant others, giggling about intimate details that only the 3 of us appreciate. D and I have made new friends through the birth of the kids. Moms and dads who share our sense of humor and whose idea of a night out is pizza and a Disney movie. Before I worked from home, I had a lot of friends at the office, some of whom I was very close with (i.e. would visit them first thing every morning to see what time we were meeting for lunch/attended my wedding/fixed them up with their future spouses).

Since I now have a home office, blogging has turned into my virtual lunchroom/water cooler. I have a list of blogs that I visit every morning and I feel disappointed when there's not a new post...sort of like stopping by your friend's office only to find out they called in sick. Imagine my surprise when one of my favorite bloggers had a message posted that says he will no longer be maintaining his site. I liken this to finding out he got a new job...I know we'll still chat now and then but it won't be the same. Since his site no longer takes comments I just wanted to say "Bye". You would have definitely been one of the people at my daily lunch table.

3 Comments:

Blogger That Girl says...

ok now theres 3 of us who've posted about friends..lol..
REVIVAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*ok will be sane again now*
*bounces out again*

Fri Jun 10, 12:51:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

It seems to be the season of posting on friends! :)

I just figured I have a lot of ctaching up to do, lemme go read the other posts now.

Fri Jun 10, 10:08:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

I know what you mean. I work in an office with lots of ppl and i still feel the same way

Mon Jun 13, 11:35:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home