Friday, May 20, 2005

Mrs Potters Lullaby



If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts - Counting Crows

Here's my weekend good/bad/indifferent list:


GOOD

  • Japanese Story - This is a great movie because it was not at all what I expected. Unfortunately that's all I can say at the risk of giving anything away. The 3 main characters are Toni Collette (love her!), Gotaro Tsunashima, and the Australian outback. Someone please see it so I can talk to you about it.
  • Waiting for the Sirens Call by New Order- I'm a huge New Order fan so I was eagerly awaiting this album and luckily it doesn't disappoint
  • Hot Fuss by The Killers - Another great CD. Very catchy especially if you are the fan of 80's music.
  • I'm almost done with my extra project that I was helping out with at work.

BAD

  • My dad missed his connecting flight from Germany to Mumbai (Bombay). He was due to get in at 2:45am so he can shower and nap before the 11am funeral. He landed in Cochin at 9am.
  • Britney and Kevin Chaotic- I wasn't sure if I should file this under Bad or just plain Mind-Boggling. As a disclaimer my sister begged me to record this, not because she is a Britney Spears fan, but because she heard it was horrible. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of witnessing this train wreck, this is a reality show in which we follow Britney Spears and her greasy, non-bathing, husband Kevin. The majority of the 1st episode was told by Britney as she walked around with a video recorder. Oh. My. Gawd. These 2 are dumber than a box of nails. First of all, Brit wears a ton of makeup because without it we can see that she has some skin issues. Secondly, all Miss I-was-a-virgin-until-ten-minutes-ago-pure-as-the-driven-snow talks about is sex. Hey, I'm no prude but I'm careful not to broadcast my raunchy talk to a TV audience of a billion people. This show has been dubbed "career suicide" for Brit and her baby's daddy.

INDIFFERENT

  • Neighborhood yard sales- Basically a bunch of neighbors getting together at a predetermined date and time with a whole bunch of their crap for sale in their respective yards. If anybody wants a ton of baby stuff for cheap, stop by on June 4th. One man's trash is another man's treasure...
  • Asado Brazilian Grill - My husband and I went out to dinner there Friday night. Basically it's all the meat you can eat, which isn't necessarily my thang. They did however have an awesome salad bar and this really great cocktail with Rum and limes.

My older sister has reconnected with one of my cousins from London. Somehow through the years my dad lost touch with my uncle (who is actually his cousin) hence we lost touch with Lee and Al. My dad was telling me he heard that Al was a drug addict and when I pressed for details he said that Al was living in Amsterdam and pot is legal there so he's probably a drug addict. When my sister talked to him it turns out that Al is a successful stock broker and has decided that he wants to live throughout Europe while he's still young. I had to chastise my dad for making snap judgments.

Finally, I leave you with some pictures.

NEIGHBORHOOD BEFORE

bare tree

BACKYARD BEFORE

bare

BACKYARD AFTER

backyard

BACKYARD AFTER

Backyard Tree

I love the one month in spring/summer where the weather is perfect in Chicago. Soon the the heat and humidity will arrive and my hair will never be the same.

Have a great weekend!



8 Comments:

Blogger The Box says...

Mint: I actually have Japanese Story on DVD. Yes, it's very nice. It's mostly the two of them and I can believe the story completely. I feel like a total film nerd for saying this, but the shots of the mines were beautiful.

Sun May 22, 01:01:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Arjun says...

Haven't watched Japanese Story.
Britney and her baby? *yawn*
Think that's a prudent way to classify the weekend, though!
;)

Sun May 22, 10:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger anumita says...

Beautiful pics! You had a good weekend?

Mon May 23, 03:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Sorta like the outdoor freaks everyone in Minneapolis becomes for that one glorious summer month !

But Chicago isn't all that bad no ?

Mon May 23, 08:12:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

whooshes in


*hugs*


whooshes out

Mon May 23, 11:04:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Sagnik Nandy says...

lovely pictures
... and Kevin FeatherLine or FodderLying or whatever he is - is the new king of mono syllable answers - we love you kevin *and i start howling in admoration* :)

Wed May 25, 01:14:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

From totally adoring Britney, I'm now completely appalled by her. 'Train wreck' is a shockingly apt description for the ex-Princess of Pop.

It's odd but I feel really sorry for her, the silly cow.

Wed May 25, 06:17:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vishnupriya says...

and why does everyone get after britney so much. poor baaaby. shes just a silly widdle girl with a bouncy voice who lost her childhood and innocence to the big bad world of entertainment (and a prick called justin timberlake).

ok, ill run now before im stoned.

Wed May 25, 09:12:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home