Friday, May 13, 2005

Roots, Rock, Reggae



Today marks the end of a pathetic week work-wise. The morning started off well with J and I meeting at the gym to work out. Unfortunately upon return, instead of working on some important reports I loaded the CD player with 10 of my favorite CDs and let it randomly pick the songs of the day. A little Bob Marley mixed with a little AfroCelt Sound System ensured that I got minimal work-work done this morning. After a quick conference call (which I was only half paying attention to as I was picking out songs to make a mix CD for a blogging friend), I called D and we met for a quick lunch (that's quick lunch not a lunch quickie. Sorry to disappoint). After lunch, I turned the stereo on loud and cleaned the house. By the time it was 3pm, I panicked and condensed 3.5 hours of work into 1 hour and 15 minutes. As an update to a previous post, ever since I answered the door looking like crap, my old Fed Ex courier has not returned to my house. Instead I now have a very nice, very butch woman who has at least 6 piercings in each ear. My neighbor, who happens to be gay, saw her talking to me the other day and insists she was flirting with me. Anyway, she picked up my reports at 5:00pm thus ending my Friday with a total of 2 hours of actual work done. By the time D and the kids arrived home I was exhausted for no apparent reason. Wasting time sure is hard work. I don't know what is wrong with me. When the hell am I going to grow up??

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

doing nothing constructive is a very draining process...here's the pro...

Sat May 14, 12:53:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Sign me up for the mix cd donation, pretty please !??!

Sat May 14, 01:02:00 AM CDT  
Blogger smoke says...

Hmmm... something tells me we all know the unknown benefactee! Remember to include Nightswimming cos she hasn't heard it :-)

Sat May 14, 02:31:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

I completely agree with the "wasting time sure is hard work" bit !! I sometimes stray away from a project at work and end up reading blogs all day !! And i go home feeling tired :)

Fri May 20, 12:00:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home