Saturday, April 16, 2005

California Dreaming



I'm back home. The past few days went by like a whirlwind. My facial/massage was great...almost worth every penny. That same night we had a dinner for all of our sites and I had a few drinks and stayed out until 11:30. By the time I got to my room and ready for bed it was 12:30. Normally that would be of no significance except:
  1. I was awaken by D and the kids calling me at 5:30 am (2 hour time difference) and I couldn't fall back asleep. I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.
  2. We had to be at breakfast no later than 7:30AM
  3. I was giving the last presentation of the day

I had the worst headache throughout the meeting. I went around collecting medication from my team members and by last count, I took 5 different brands of pain relief. The meeting went well. We have an awesome team. My project manager has a difficult personality sometimes but everyone else is really nice. I had the opportunity to meet some folks from our UK office. They are statistician-types but unlike most stats people I know, they are really cool. The woman can drink just about anyone under the table. The guy was more of the shy, reserved, type but nonetheless was very nice. He was also a little eye-candy for us married women which is always a bonus. After the official meeting was over, a small group of us were left and they convinced me to do an early dinner. You know sometimes when you really don't want to go out but there are certain folks who will be there whose mere presence will guarantee a good time? Well, I couldn't say no. We took 2 cars to a seafood place right on the ocean and had a really nice dinner. I drove with a guy from our headquarters who is really one of the nicest guys that I have recently met. I told him I would fix him up with my friend if he would move to Chicago. Anyway, the company that I work for has an office in the UK, which has a supplemental office in Trivandrum, India. The boy brit just got back from a 1 week stay in Trivandrum and said he really enjoyed it. When I said that I'd be out there in December, he said I should definitely stop by that office. I wonder if I can get the pilgrimage written off as a business expense?

Anyway, I'm home and everyone was happy to see me. D did a great job managing the boy and the baby all by himself. I can't guarantee that the kids didn't wear the same clothes for 3 days but they're fine. The house is a disaster. It has hints of regression into a bachelor lifestyle that has long since disappeared. OYE!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 Comments:

Blogger bloggerhead says...

hey
i think you have a cool life. And am sure you managed more than just fine with the kids. As you said on my blog... this space is easy to intrude.. i can make friends without any of the strings. Thanks for the advice. What sux is that i know what you are saying.. i have ALWAYS been in control and now i find myself floundering. I play by his rules because i want to. So i should really not crib. I think i am falling in love with him. Or maybe with the idea of loving something you dont quite know whether you will get.
Grrr!!
Here's to blogging and dyber friendships. Have a good week.
bloggerhead

Sun Apr 17, 12:09:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Good that you're back today. The weather was awesome.

Sun Apr 17, 03:08:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 says...

Is the title supposed to indicate that you're still wishing you were in Cali?

I remember a friend of mine went to SF for some business conference, and couldn't stop grumbling for ages. For two weeks, she insisted on referring to Chicago as "your stupid city" as if I was somehow to blame for the endless winter.

Sun Apr 17, 04:00:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

velcome baaack!!! my live in maid is being sent off so now i have to get up and do all the backbreaking josb all over again.,... sigh..

speaking of eyecandy.. theres hardly ANY here!!!

Sun Apr 17, 07:54:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

NO fair. I'm alone with the kids all weekend, but our house is on the market, which means not only do I have to keep the place CLEAN, but I have to GET THE KIDS DRESSED every day.

(Usually it's pajamas-to-pajamas at 5:00 PM when Dad is in charge!)

Sun Apr 17, 09:06:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Blogger- Welcome! As your newest cyber friend I implore you to rethink your relationship. nuff said.

Anon- I brought back some San Diego weather just for you.

Game- Yes. I had a dream last night about the bathroom at that resort.

Grrl- Eyecandy is definitely good. Maybe you should get a hot male maid?

Dr Dave(!)- There's no way I could live in this house with the kids if it were for sale.

Sun Apr 17, 07:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Gamesmaster G9 says...

I'm not sure thats a good thing. My dreams involving bathrooms are rarely pleasant.

Sun Apr 17, 11:23:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Vishnupriya says...

i am totally in love with your blog. you even provide relationship advice in the comments sections. how cool is that?

Sun Apr 17, 11:43:00 PM CDT  
Blogger eM says...

Oooooooooooh California! :)
Your trip sounded SO much more fun than mine. *sigh* Some people have all the luck.
Welcome back, anyway! :)

Mon Apr 18, 12:00:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Anurag says...

Hey,

Looks like you had the unwinding of your life. San Diego sounds lovely. I've heard they have a terrific marathon route.

I love California. I'll go back there someday soon :S

Mon Apr 18, 02:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Apr 18, 03:20:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

California is ALWAYS fun. No matter what time of the year, no matter with whom. Its always great fun !! That drive from SFO to LA, a fantasy roadtrip !!

Anyhoo.. welcome back. Even though you weren't really gone ;)

Mon Apr 18, 03:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Game- I had a dream about the bathroom, not of going to the bathroom. I felt like I was in MTV Cribs. BLING!

Vishnu- Thanks so much for the compliment.

eM - I read your post and I can confidently say that I had a much better time than you did.

Anurag- I have to admit it was nice getting away.

Vig- I agree except it was disalarming how much surgery-enhanced beauty there was.

Mon Apr 18, 08:49:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

hey there...interesting place :)will drop in more often.

--rapunzel

Mon Apr 18, 11:36:00 PM CDT  
Blogger anumita says...

Aren't these office trips fun! You are just gone for a few days and then you start missing the family and want to get back. Finally you are glad to see the house, even in its degenerating state!

Tue Apr 19, 07:01:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home