Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My Favorite Mistake



Here is my horoscope from today...

Once you fix up your surroundings, you will feel better about yourself and probably be far more efficient. A financial gain is possible. Check out personal papers, assets and investments. You will be lucky today.

For those of us born on: March 29 Happy Birthday: You may be asking yourself what life is all about. Aspire to accomplish all the goals you have set for yourself along the way. This is the perfect year to stop contemplating and start the process of actually doing what you want to do. Travel, learning and getting down to business should be your goals. -- Birthday Baby: You have drive, determination and the willpower to get you wherever you want to go. You are inquisitive and adventurous, and you like to do things in a grand manner. You are intuitive and always willing to help the underdog.

I'm still in the process of fixing up my surroundings. The piles are slowly starting to disappear and my office is becoming less hazardous for those who enter. As far as the rest of it, I am inquisitive and fairly adventurous but I tend to be more on the passive side. When I was born my mother had an astrological chart made for me. It basically gave the canned speech about how I have a lot of drive and determination and will always land on my feet. I think my mother took it to heart because she always trusted my decisions, almost to a fault. Whenever I had a dilemma, she would tell me to do what I thought was best whereas if my older sister had an issue, my mother guided her step by step. I think I was jealous of this relationship and I resented my older sister for quite a while. Something along the way changed me. I changed me. I realized that my mother taught me to trust myself, which is one of the most beautiful gifts a parent can give a child. I've learned to trust in the decisions I make and (here's the hard part) I try not to wallow or second-guess myself too much when things don't turn out exactly as I had hoped.

Anyway. It's my birthday and I'm feeling nostalgic. I'm still trying to figure “it” out for myself but I'm now enjoying the process instead of fighting it. I leave you with my 2 favorite fortune cookie sayings:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. --Lao Tzu
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. -Oscar Wilde

10 Comments:

Blogger Yulacu says...

Your an aries like me maybe that explains why we both procrastinate and can't seem to keep our work areas organized all the time.

Tue Mar 29, 08:06:00 PM CST  
Blogger Yulacu says...

Oh. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Tue Mar 29, 08:07:00 PM CST  
Blogger Anurag says...

Hope you had a nice birthday, Mint. You know, you are right about your mom giving you the best gift ever by trusting your judgement. You are lucky. So am I. My parents never made any decisions for me after I joined college. I had to figure everything out for myself -- and that gave me a tremendous amount of confidence in myself. Good observation, and nicely put.

Wed Mar 30, 01:06:00 AM CST  
Blogger eM says...

Happy birthdaaaaaaaaay!!! :)
I hope you figure out some of those answers this year.. keep us all posted okay? :)
How old are you again?

Wed Mar 30, 01:39:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
*hugs*..hey were on the same month!! cool~!

Wed Mar 30, 02:16:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rapunzel says...

i have a whole new theory pending on the single step.... :-|

Thu Mar 31, 02:04:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rapunzel says...

n hey happy budday arien!

Thu Mar 31, 02:05:00 AM CST  
Blogger Roger Stevens says...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MINT!!!!!

I too have been tidying up my office today, tackling the huge pile of papers and stuff that have piled up and started giving off negative energy. In fact started to lurch across my desk in search of sustenance.

I'm not born in March. Although my wife, mother-in-law and son all are.

Ariens... a fiesty lot!

Thu Mar 31, 11:20:00 AM CST  
Blogger Kumari says...

Hey B'lated Happy Birthday!
Hope you had a lovely day :)

Fri Apr 01, 12:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Happy birthday !!!!

Sat Apr 02, 11:01:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home