Monday, May 09, 2005

And Sweet Surrender is All That I Have To Give



Thanks to all the well-wishers. Having survived the SARS-like illness, I finally feel nice and minty fresh. I've started many posts since last week but never had the energy to finish any of them. My boss sent me a nasty e-mail on Friday but I refused to let it ruin my day. It's a nice feeling not letting someone get the best of you. We spent Saturday at my parent's house and D grilled everything in sight. Sunday we went to a Mother's Day brunch at a country club in Wisconsin with D's family. Not a hoity-toity country club...just as country clubby as you can get in Wisconsin. I sat at the end of the table with D's nephew Dan who is 22 and very cute. He's so unpretentious and nice. If he was 10 years older, I'd fix him up with my friend. My best friend Ley is still with that knucklehead boyfriend of hers. It's getting hard for me to pretend like I'm amused when he's around. He says the most random shit like he gets off on being eccentric. His latest thing is that he has issues with getting old. What? You know what boys and girls of blogland? There are 2 things in life that are inevitable...you get old and one day you'll die. DEAL WITH IT! He's one of those people who are so fixated on getting older, he's whining and worrying his youth away. My sister J and I went to work out today and there was a beautiful woman who had to have been in her 50's. She was even more lively and beautiful than the 21 year old Britney Spears look-alike next to her. That's what I want. Grace and beauty when I'm half a century old. I want my mom's looks, Audrey Hepburn's grace, and Katherine Hepburn's spunk. (OK...since this is a wishlist, throw in Madonna's abs and Tina Turner's legs).

9 Comments:

Blogger That Girl says...

im really glad im stil a kid in my head lol.. as much as my parents complain about it.. somehow that i feel has helped me LOOK younger than i am i guess... people always guess my age wrong and i used to feel wierd about it...when i was in my teens.. but now i do realise that if a person can grow older and still have that youthful personality.. then he or she has nothing to worry about.. and its always so infectious...people want to feel younger, so they hang around people who make them feel young.. and i wanna do that... make people feel young.. and love themselves no matter how old they are!

ok will shut up now!

Mon May 09, 11:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Vishnupriya says...

swinging scab is not here, but her alter ego still is ;) ;)

Mon May 09, 11:25:00 PM CDT  
Blogger eM says...

Ooh cute nephew! ooh 22! Guess who's ready for a fix-up? :) But, y'know, I think best friend's boyfriends will never be good enough for them. My friends and I pick apart all the guys we date, even when the person who's dating him is defending him till she's blue in the face!
And try k96.blogspot.com :)

Tue May 10, 12:35:00 AM CDT  
Blogger hemangini says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue May 10, 05:33:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Anurag says...

There's another certain inveitability in life - delays in projects when you work from home. I've done it for six months and I know.

I'd rather have Tina Turner's voice. :(

Tue May 10, 05:46:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

mint: My thoughts exactly! I want to age gracefully. Why worry about something that is inevitable? But we can sure prepare well for it.

anu: Tina Turner's voice? YOU?? Think it over buddy. Ask your wife how'd she like it :D

Tue May 10, 08:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

When I turned 25, I felt old. I'm now um, a little past that (shuddup) and I feel absolutely, totally ancient.

Thank God I still look bloody stunning.

Tue May 10, 09:40:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

I love the notion of ageing gracefully too! :)

But [Em] is right when she says that best friend's boyfriends never seem good enough. Like I have often wondered (mostly secrestly), if my friends couldn't have done better?!

Wed May 11, 05:33:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Yep one thing that has gurantee is one who is born will get old and will die. No one can change that but what they can change is where they will live after death.

http://vinodisaac.com

http://jcsearch.com/blogs/vinisaac

Wed May 11, 10:53:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home