Thursday, May 26, 2005

Pink Moon



I'm feeling very blah today. We're flying to New York for a weekend wedding and I'm dreading parts of it. It's nice to see family I haven't seen in a while but there's always some underlying tension with some of my relatives that I hope won't surface during the festivities. For example, the father of the bride refused to invite the mother of the bride's brother. The brother of the bride threatened not to attend the wedding because his parents refused to invite his girlfriend. At last word, he will attend the actual wedding and reception but nothing else.

I needed a necklace for the wedding so we went to Devon street otherwise know as Little India. Here's a picture of the boy playing a little game called "How many Bollywood actors can I name?" Answer: none, although he pointed out every poster that Amitabachan was on.

IMG_0425

Here's a picture of the necklace I ended up buying. No, it's not anywhere close to being real so I'm already preparing for my aunties comments on my choice of jewelry.

Wedding necklace

Have a good weekend! Wish me luck.

8 Comments:

Blogger eM says...

Luck!
And hey, fake jewellery rules! You're less tense about wearing it and it looks so much prettier than anything you could actually afford!

Sat May 28, 01:15:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I haven't been to a wedding in ages now. In fact it's been three years. And whatever you say it's fun dressing up for a wedding na? Have fun.

Sat May 28, 04:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger The Box says...

It seems no family is complete without some quarter/faction making it all tense for the rest. And when you get TWO families together, well.

We accompanied a good friend to ask his father-in-law's blessing after proposing to his lady. My friend's Indian and she's Chinese. The father said flatly, "You're an Indian. Why did you think I would give you my blessing?"

He ended up not turning up for the wedding and it broke his daughter's heart. My friend on the other hand had the unenviable task of defending his new in-law to his deeply offended parents.

Sigh. It's a worry.

Sat May 28, 12:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

"For example, the father of the bride refused to invite the mother of the bride's brother."

That line has got me confused.Wouldnt the mother of the brides brother be the wife of the father of the bride? Oh maybe not actually!!
Anyway very pretty necklace :)

Mon May 30, 12:15:00 AM CDT  
Blogger anumita says...

Hope you have a great time at the wedding! The necklace is pretty. Who cares if it's real or not!

Mon May 30, 07:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

I'm with eM. Who cares about real jewellery anyway? (Apart from Aunties and really, who cares about them?)

Mon May 30, 11:37:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Hi there! Hope you had a good time at the wedding. I like junk jewellery and I wore some at my own wedding !!! :) The actual gold jeweelery wouldnt fit my ears and there was panic on the last day and viola- junk jewellery saved the day!

Tue May 31, 02:24:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Anurag says...

Well, a solid foundation to a lifelong relationship never hurt anyone...

Thu Jun 02, 08:23:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home