Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I see you baby...



Thanks eM!

Total number of books owned? This is tricky because when D and I bought the house we had boxes with nearly 250 books. Since then, we've condensed it down to around 100. There are always 15 stray books (mainly children's) from the library at any given time.

The last book I bought? Bagombo Snuff Box: Uncollected Short Fiction by Kurt Vonnegut. I am a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan so when I saw this one in an airport book store I had to have it.

The last book I read? The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom- This book has been passed around and it eventually got to us. Very light read. I am currently reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

5+ books that mean a lot to me? These are books that I own and have no problem picking up and ready for the 10-millionth time.

1. Welcome to the MonkeyHouse by Kurt Vonnegut
This is a collection of short stories that blew my mind. The most powerful story shares the title of the book and is about a future time in which the government controls every aspect of your reproductive rights.

2. The catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
I first read this book in high school and what can I say....classic. Anyone who can't empathize with Holden Caulfield has no pulse.

3. The Godfather by Mario Puzo
In my opinion, one of the few movies that does the book justice. Hollywood did take some creative license on subplots but I forgive them.

4. The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson AND Night of the Mary Kay Commandos by Berke Breathed
It doesn't matter how bad my mood is, these 2 will perk me up in no time. For those of you unfamiliar with the Bloom County series, please do yourself a favor and find some.

5. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
I have distinct memories of being in 3rd grade and having the librarian read bits and pieces of this book each week. It's a little surreal having my son enjoy it as much as I do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rat says...

About Catcher in the rye you probably know its one of my all time favorite books since you took my quiz so i was so happy to see a mention of Holden Caulfield !!!

Thu Jun 09, 12:15:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

I absolutely love the title of this post. I almsot fell off my chair laughing when I saw it ;)

Thu Jun 09, 03:13:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home