Monday, June 13, 2005

What's the Frequency Kenneth?



Greeting from beautiful Southern California! I knew I had this business trip planned but it still snuck up on me. Just back from a wonderful dinner with new friends. Our company is very big on creating a culture of camaraderie and today's meeting was no exception. We did great team-building exercises and solved several puzzles together in between training sessions. The President and CEO both talked to me about Kerala. The CEO said perhaps I should have some meetings when I'm in Trivandrum. Dinner was fantastic. We sat at 2 tables and the only rule was that the field associates must sit next to an internal associate. I couldn't resist the free drink tickets and had a wonderful time with my table laughing and playing more team-building games. I know it sounds lame but it was so much fun. I can tell that I am going to be close with everyone at my table. I sat by Jo, the gay intern and Col, the cute accountant who has a thing for Indian guys. I told Col that I would find a nice Indian boy for her. I'm looking for an Indian guy in his mid-30's, cute, athletic (must like the outdoors) to set her up with. She's 5'4", athletic, blue eyes, dark hair and a lot of fun. Serious inquiries only. She lives in southern California but is willing to move just about anywhere in the US.

Jo and I talked travel. He and I both traveled Russia around the same period of time. He's going to France with his boyfriend in August and he thinks his flight will have a layover in Chicago so we may get to visit again soon.

Coming here has made me realize how much I miss going to an office everyday.

7 Comments:

Blogger That Girl says...

oh man i lik emy office but there is ABSOLUTELY NO ONE here who is remotely interesting to talk with...!!! groannnn!!!

Mon Jun 13, 11:49:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

What fun Mint !!!
Good luck on the matchmaking !!

Tue Jun 14, 12:38:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

My colleagues are horrible, loud and lazy. Trust me, you wouldn't miss working in an office if you worked in mine.

Tue Jun 14, 12:50:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Hmmm... You were kidding about your matchmaking abilities were you !! You mean business lady !!

Sorry, all em boys I know in Chicago, are just boys... none in the 30+ ranges... :(

Tue Jun 14, 12:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger . says...

Know what you mean. recently spent time at home (supposedly working from it), and it can get to be a bit of a drag after a point- though i did not really think about it till the return of structure.

Tue Jun 14, 01:54:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Now I don't mind my office so much. Actually I realise that I enjoy working here. Because there's only me and a colleague left in my department.

Tue Jun 14, 01:57:00 AM CDT  
Blogger anumita says...

Wow, matchmaking! We always miss the good things when we no longer have them... words of wisdom!

Tue Jun 14, 03:58:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home