Thursday, June 30, 2005

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover



Now that I have your attention, 50 random things about me and my life. Some were secrets until now, some were not...
  1. I'm a loner by nature
  2. I have 2 beautiful kids
  3. Guys who can form complete, grammatically sound sentences AND spell correctly at least 90% of the time turn me on
  4. I love carbs
  5. I think I've developed a blog crush on someone (see #3)
  6. I am happily married
  7. I've never tried any illegal drugs
  8. Between age 17-28 I probably went to 150 concerts
  9. Since age 28 I've only been to approximately 5 concerts (2 of them were Peter Gabriel)
  10. I'm jealous of my sister's hair
  11. I don't like to be in the sun for long periods of time
  12. I have a history of migraines
  13. Of the 3 girls, I am the rock of my family
  14. Growing up, I have had 2 cats (Ginger, Casper), 3 dogs (Barron, Elmo, Jordan), 1 hamster (don't remember the name) and 1 bird
  15. I hate birds as pets
  16. I don't tolerate alcohol well
  17. I get a thrill out of turbulence on plane rides
  18. I love traveling
  19. I was detained in Russia for being an "American with an Indian passport"
  20. My husband is hands down one of the nicest, funniest guys I know
  21. I need to get the last of the baby weight off before my sister's wedding in September
  22. I love margaritas and amaretto stone sours
  23. see #16
  24. I believe that the neighbor around the corner flirts with me
  25. see #6
  26. I think I'm going through some sort of one-third life crisis
  27. I can be a real bitch
  28. I go through periods during which I swear too much
  29. I try to go to church every Saturday
  30. I hate pretentious people
  31. I know way too much about my former boss's sex life
  32. I think I'm a great lover
  33. Sometimes I feel guilty that I landed a job working from home for a lot more money while the majority of my former office mates are still working at that pit. Sometimes I don't.
  34. I immediately retract and or flee at the first sign of rejection
  35. I read too much into things
  36. I've been in one car accident
  37. I feel VERY blessed
  38. I was depressed when I found out that I was pregnant 6 months after I got married
  39. My family is the best thing that has ever happened to me
  40. I once broke someone's heart (or so he claimed)
  41. I've had my heart broken once
  42. I've never broken any bones
  43. I don't like broccoli
  44. I try to be a positive person
  45. Sometimes I'm not as laid-back as people think
  46. I think my friend Anne's husband only married her to stay in the U.S.
  47. It makes me a little sad that I'll never learn to play piano or guitar as well as my husband
  48. I love movies
  49. I once had an exboyfriend write me poetry all the time...I cringed each time I read it because he was a horrific speller
  50. I usually hate talking about myself

Anybody else wanna give it a try?..it's very therapeutic.

19 Comments:

Blogger Jay says...

Did it when I started blogging last year, though it's nowhere near as interesting as yours.

Blog crush? For the last time, Minty, you must get over me! We are not destined to be together, due to the fact that I cannot stand female genitalia! Move on and rebuild your life, woman, for it cannot and will not happen!

Thu Jun 30, 10:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Hahaha - Im laughing at Jays comment!!!

Many new aspects of Mint !! Wow !!
Im going to do it too !!

Thu Jun 30, 11:02:00 PM CDT  
Blogger AAA says...

That was very interesting! :)

Thu Jun 30, 11:10:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

that was a great post... even though i dont have a blog..i think im gonna list down 50 things about me

Thu Jun 30, 11:18:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Wow! 150 concerts between 17-28! That's something I must catch up on. Nice post.

Fri Jul 01, 01:25:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Yeah that was fun. I think am gonna try it too:)

Fri Jul 01, 02:27:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Jul 01, 08:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's list.

Jay - Gay schmay. I'll never get over you. NEVER! *plans to go out and get a crazy perm a la Glenn CLose in Fatal Attraction*

Fri Jul 01, 08:46:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

Men who can spell right is a good thing! :)

Good one, the list that is!

Fri Jul 01, 10:35:00 AM CDT  
Blogger . says...

"Just slip out the back, jack
Make a new plan, stan
You don’t need to be coy, roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, gus
You don’t need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, lee
And get yourself free"

...jolly good, that...:)

Fri Jul 01, 11:14:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

and, um...150 concerts??!
wow...

Fri Jul 01, 11:15:00 AM CDT  
Blogger anumita says...

That's a great list!Feel like trying...

Fri Jul 01, 12:33:00 PM CDT  
Blogger A and A says...

i like!! i like!!!

Sat Jul 02, 05:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger silverine says...

Hey mint chutney this made great reading. The fact that you know so much about yourself or did so much introspection to come out with this list is amazing. It has set me thinking hmmmm..............

Sat Jul 02, 11:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger eM says...

I did mine! :)
Thank you for the idea, I made thank-you link also :)

Sat Jul 02, 12:49:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

I tried it too. Good idea Mint. Come take a look at my blog - pretty please??? :P

Sun Jul 03, 12:07:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

I knew that loss in the spelling bee would be the end of my love life. Damn !

And Minty, you have created quite a meme here, I hope you realise !!

Mon Jul 04, 08:31:00 AM CDT  
Blogger sameer says...

"28. I go through periods during which I swear too much."

You should blog then. *griN*

Mon Jul 04, 10:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Bonatellis says...

"50 ways to leave your lover" ... that's helluva lot of patience ...

Tue Jul 05, 02:40:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home