Saturday, July 09, 2005

Here I am, signed, sealed delivered



OK...this CD exchange is dangerous. Why? Because I have always been the poster child for kick-ass care packages. In college my friends and I, who were posted all around the country (plus 2 international ones), would try to outdo each other with packages to show how much we loved and missed each other. Nik and I were always tied as unofficial winners as our packages were coveted boxes of homemade cookies, mix tapes, books, etc. Even when Nik was in law school in Chicago and was only living 20 minutes away, I continued to send her postcards of exotic places with messages like "Hurry up and graduate...the beaches of Bora Bora await". I can't put my finger on when it all changed. Somewhere between university graduations and suburban existence, it stopped. The art of snail mail is dying. I miss handwritten notes. I miss the excitement of seeing an envelope with your name on it and knowing that it's not a bill.

Now. Now my basement is overflowing with CDs sprawled out on the floor. Like an Army general planning a covert attack, I study my potential playlist revising and changing to help convey the music side of Mint. In the end, I chose 17 songs (all a regular CD would hold). Does it truly reflect me? Perhaps not. But it reflects my mood at the moment in time I was making the CD.

So, for those of you nice enough to officially be a part of this exchange, the Mint Mix (7/05 edition) will be in the mail next week. Oh, and as a bonus, I'll add a few extras to the package.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay says...

I've decided I want to be a recepient-only participant.

:-p

Sat Jul 09, 03:50:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

Great, now you have officially raised the bar and all that, freaking me out as to how Im going to match up. I still haven't bought my CDs, and I need to organize my music to actually get a decent playlist out of it.

Say, any clue what the trans-atlantic travel time of snail mail is these days ? I remember it used to take about 2-3 weeks ?

Sun Jul 10, 11:13:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Yay !! I can't wait ...

Sun Jul 10, 11:23:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Manish Bhatt says...

Interesting. Now how does this work?

Thu Jul 14, 05:43:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home