Monday, July 18, 2005

Under the table and dreaming



I've received some, um, interesting e-mails the last few weeks. Some are downright scary and have been forwarded to the proper authorities. Others are just plain nice although it's strange how much you are personified by the image assumed by your blog. Like a beauty pageant contestant, here are my answers to the Q&A portion of the contest:

  • Do you have an American accent?: Yes. I came to the States when I was 2 years old and although my parents spoke Malayalam (the language of Kerala, where I'm from) at home, I have a very American accent. If I called you on the phone, you probably wouldn't know it was a girl named Mint Chutney. If you want something scary, you should hear me speak Malayalam.
  • Does D know about your blog?: No. I don't think it's a secret, I've just never mentioned it to him. He asked about all the stuff I was buying for the CD packages and I told him that I was a part of a CD tree started on a blog. That's the truth. The funny thing is he already knows 99% of what's on here.
  • Do your parents like D?: (NOTE: This was asked by 3 different people). My parents LOVE D as if he were their own son and he loves them.
  • Why don't you post a proper picture of you or your family? : Um. NO. While I have trusted a few bloggers with true images of my family, I would like to keep that part private. Why don't YOU post real pictures of you and YOUR family.

There. Now you know even more about me.

17 Comments:

Blogger Heh Heh says...

"If I called you on the phone, you probably wouldn't know it was a girl named Mint Chutney." Presumably thats not your *actual* name. :)
Just checking; Mallus are known to do strange things with names. I know of a Mallu named Xylophone, for instance.

Mon Jul 18, 06:39:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Fin- Very funny, everyone is a comedian these days. Mallu's prefer to end their kid's names with vowels so my name technically is Minti.

Mo- Ha! I only speak Malayalam for my hard of hearing Ammachis.

Mon Jul 18, 07:35:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

Hehe :)

Though, I do get a lot weider questions:
1. Are you for real?
No, no. I am some kind of automatically generated software, that launches itself after a certain interval!

2. Do you have any real friends?
You mean do I have friends who also happen to be automatically generated software? Na! Or do I?

3. How can we make friendship?
Rhetoric I am guessing.

4. What's your size?
Errr, that ought to be my question.

People are strange, when you are a stranger! :)

Mon Jul 18, 09:10:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

Make way for the Mallu please...

Why did the Malayali go to Rome?

To listen to "pope" music!!

That is one my favourite jokes of all time. Being Malayali I think its ok for us to make fun of ourselves... but I'm not sure why the rest of the country decided that it was most fun to make fun of us poor little Mallu things!

Mon Jul 18, 09:26:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Lost in trance... says...

" I don't think it's a secret, I've just never mentioned it to him."

interestinggg....this the same case with mosta mah frndz :)

Mon Jul 18, 11:08:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Penny Lane - Thats the most overtold mallu joke in the history of mallu jokes :P
I have a good one , but since im not mallu im going to refrain or Mint may throw me off her blog for being racist.

But Mint do tell us your real name, Is it "Sweety or lovely or Shiny ?? " :)

Mon Jul 18, 11:24:00 PM CDT  
Blogger APOO says...

Why the name Mint Chutney?

Mon Jul 18, 11:27:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Anurag says...

That's why I specifically mention it in my profile that I am not a real dog. :)

So, does D know about this blog? Hee.

Tue Jul 19, 12:56:00 AM CDT  
Blogger hemangini says...

My first email question from my blog was 'r u lesbian'.

And hey... ask Motheater what everyone in Kerala thought her name was when she visited...

Tue Jul 19, 01:15:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Vignesh says...

A short bouncy ball of energy once came up to us and said - Hi, I'm Titty [pause] Mathews. And I said - Yes, I can see that. But whats your name ?

Heheheheheh @ Motheater's name in malluland ;)

Tue Jul 19, 01:41:00 AM CDT  
Blogger eM says...

Well, we have something in common then. My Malayalam is pretty scary too :)
And I wish I got all these questions. I only get (sometimes) so um... are you making this shit up? Puh-leeze.

LOL @ do you have an american accent? :)

Tue Jul 19, 02:03:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

What is a Mallu? And how come I seem to be the only one who's never been asked interesting questions?

Tue Jul 19, 03:01:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

sigh still havent got your cd..sniff...sniff...honk

Tue Jul 19, 03:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Jay- A mallu is the short form for Malyalee. Malyalees are people from Kerala - a state in India.

Tue Jul 19, 03:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Bonatellis says...

how come guys don't get these questions ????

Tue Jul 19, 08:29:00 AM CDT  
Blogger smoke says...

because they're the ones asking?

And very funny Mangs, though the Mallu pronounciation of my name was wayyyyy better than the North Indian one :-)

Tue Jul 19, 08:53:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Hey Mint, I have a question...

What's your star sign?

Tue Jul 19, 12:41:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home