Saturday, October 01, 2005

You and I Both



  • Overheard on the train ride through Disney:

Her: How can you break-up with me after we just spent all this money on this trip??

Him: The tickets were non-refundable.

Ouch.
  • When it's really cold, I hate living in Chicago. It was fu*king freezing these past few mornings. (45F...I think that's like 7 degrees C)
  • D came home early from work with a cold. Man was he GRUMPY.

I'm trying to respond to the tags I've received the past few weeks. Lavi had a cool one where she showed us the contents of her purse and around her closet. My purse is a mess so I aint showing it to anyone. The most interesting thing I could find was the shelf in our living room:

Shelf

Besides the books, I have a few family pictures and some gifts given to us by friends and family. Click on the picture for the breakdown of what's there.

7 Comments:

Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Wow! I like the shelves and the contents thereon.

LOVE the color you chose for your walls, by the way. It's a perfect balance: not as dull as mustard, but not as bright as a daisy either. (I'm going to paint the new place soon, but I'm not sure which color I'll use just yet.)

And, about Chicago weather, that's exactly why I left that city. Well ... there were a few reasons, but it's true that the weather was a major factor. (Even though NYC is further north, it doesn't get as cold as Chicago.)

Stolie

---------------------------------------
http://funkybrownchick.blogspot.com

Sat Oct 01, 09:17:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

The girl got dumped at DISNEYLAND?!

Real classy.

Sun Oct 02, 04:31:00 AM CDT  
Blogger D says...

i love the shelf and the fact that you have calvin on that shelf makes it even more lovable ;)

Sun Oct 02, 09:18:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

Ok, how neat and organised is that bookshelf??? Now show us the contents of your purse please ;)

Sun Oct 02, 09:48:00 PM CDT  
Blogger shakester says...

ah, that was interesting. and tidy!

Sun Oct 02, 11:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pink says...

Yaay Mint, thanks for doin the tag! And yes, lovely shelf..so neat and pretty! Also, while chatting the other day, I got disconnected (I have dial-up at home) and couldn't get connected again so that would explain my abrupt departure! Was great chatting with you though. :)

Sun Oct 02, 11:57:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Stolie: The color is Buena Vista Gold and I love it.

Jay: I know! She cried and he stared out the window.

D:I heart Calvin and Hobbes

Penny: OK..this is our decorative shelf. The majority of our books (another 100+) is on the not so decorative bookcase in another room.

AKR: Are you being sarcastic?

Lavi: No worries. I figured as much.

Mon Oct 03, 07:22:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home