Friday, October 28, 2005

Oh Canada



J is one of my team members based in Oregon. I needed someone to go and visit sites in Canada and J sweetly agreed. (By the way, J and I happened to be talking about blogging last week and I told her about my blog. *waves* Hi J! Thanks for always making me laugh.)

********************************************************************************
(This morning, sitting at my desk trying to unjam my stapler)

Phone rings

Me: Good Morning this is Mint.

J: (whispers) Mint?

Me: (whispers) yes

J: (whispers) it's me, J

Me: (whispers) Why are we whispering?

J: (whispers) I'm about to board the plane from Seattle to Calgary...

My mind starts racing. Terrorist strike? Hijackers?? Starbuck's ran out of scones?? I'm touched that she would make her final call to me...

J: (whispers) Guess who I'm sharing the plane with?

Me: Who?

J: The BC Lions

Me: Who??

J: Canadian football Mint! (whispers) The British Columbia Lions.

Me: Oh.

J: I need you to look up who #45 is. He's damn hot.

Me: How do you know what number he is? Good grief, is he wearing his jersey on the plane?

J: No, they have it on their duffel bags. (They probably do that so women can look them up)

Me: (Looking it up) His name is Tyson. He's 6 feet tall and weighs 220 pounds. Good Lord, his neck is the size of my thigh in this picture.

J: *sigh* I love Canada.

1 Comments:

Blogger Madame Mahima says...

HAHA!
girl talk is so irrelevant sometimes but SO much fun to read about (or eavesdrop on) =D

Sat Oct 29, 11:54:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home