Sunday, October 23, 2005

October and the trees are stripped bare of all they wear.



Thanks to Rat for encouraging me to blog again..

  • Thank you to D and AKR for the latest lovely postcard I received from the exchange. The cute thing was that they took turns writing on it just like their blog.

D and ABK's Postcard

  • My best friend is finally engaged. Knucklehead proposed last week and I'm happy for them although my first thought was "Oh Lord...yet another bridesmaid outfit"
  • Found out that D reads my blog every once in a while. *waves* Hi honey!
  • Saw Elizabethtown. I thought it was OK. D said it was 2 hours of his life he'll never get back.
  • We carved pumpkins this weekend.

IMG_1922

IMG_1920

  • One of the first times D met my then-work friends was at my colleague's annual Halloween party. This picture was taken as we were leaving with our prize winning carved pumpkin. Technically it wasn't carved...we stuck potatoes for his eyes and nose and licorice for his smile.

A's Halloween party

I think this was like 7 years ago but it feels like yesterday.

13 Comments:

Blogger Pink says...

Love the carved pumpkins.. what talent you'll have!! And finally I get to see a bit of what the Mint looks like! :)

*Waves* Hello D!

Sun Oct 23, 11:51:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Hahaha... I was tempted to use a marker and draw a black box across your pumpkin's eyes too. Then oops, I'm in front of a computer. Tee hee.

Sun Oct 23, 11:51:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

Haha... the pumpkins are cool... And yeah, how come you're letting go of the anonymity ;)

Sun Oct 23, 11:54:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

LOVE the pumpkin. Very original!

Mon Oct 24, 12:25:00 AM CDT  
Blogger eM says...

Yay, pic of Mint :) Yay!

Mon Oct 24, 12:44:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rat says...

Shocked !!!!!! A pic of Mint !!!! But that was 7 years back so how different do you look now ?

And so glad i motivated you to blog :)

Mon Oct 24, 01:34:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

ooh !!! i remember carving my first ever pumpkin!! lol it looked like it really hated me!!

hehe i see ya!!

Mon Oct 24, 02:19:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Minty unveiled!!!

Mon Oct 24, 02:59:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

'D said it was 2 hours of his life he'll never get back,' LOL. And finally we see Mint Chutney san her eyes:-)

Mon Oct 24, 04:45:00 AM CDT  
Blogger IdeaSmith says...

Hey, nice pumpkin carvings!

Mon Oct 24, 08:12:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

oo minty's a hot momma!
grr we could only see D's manly hands! (that was D right??)

Mon Oct 24, 09:32:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

NM and I carved pumpkins last year, with that traditional jack-o-lantern face, and we were SO proud of 'em. Then my graphic designer friend showed me the ones he did and they all had elaborate, terrifying Balinese demon-style expressions on them!

This year, I'm gonna kick ass with my pumpkin.

Mon Oct 24, 03:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Lavi: D waved back at you. Actually he wouldn't play along and wave but he grunted which is as good as a wave.

Wander: LOL. I was almost tempted to do that now that you mentioned it.

Penny: I just went with the moment. There are seriously few pictures of me in existence.

Stolie: Thanks!

Em: Your turn. : )

Rat: There's your proof that I'm not a guy. LOL

Grrl: It was fun and then it was annoying.

Anon and AB: There I am although my hair will be different as of Friday.

Idea: Thanks!

Mahima: No, that's just some random guy I picked up off the street to help me carve pumpkins. Kidding. And yes, D has very manly hands.

Jay: They sell these kits now where you can carve any image onto a pumpkin.

Tue Oct 25, 01:58:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home