Monday, November 07, 2005

She's got a smile that it seems to me reminds me of childhood memories



So much to say, very little to blog about.


  • Nice weekend in that the Girl was doing much better albeit a bit grumpy. At one point she literally threw herself 2 feet across the room in a tantrum about wanting to read "Oh my, Oh my, Oh Dinosaur" for the 900th time in a row. I can read it 600 times without batting an eyelash. Starting at about 720, I can feel my brain cells dying off one by one. D and I shot each other a look like "That's YOUR child" "No that's YOUR child!"
  • One of the hazards of parenthood is that you memorize every book you read to your kids cos they want to hear it again and again and again. This in and of itself isn't bad. The downside is that the space in my brain meant to store the common treatments for diabetic neuropathy is now clogged with stories about dancing barnyard animals.
  • Sunday, knowing we better leave the house lest we drive each other insane, we all went to the local super-mega hardware store and looked at all the Christmas displays. Who are these people who spend $300 on a 10 foot inflatable snowglobe with Frosty the Snowman? It's probably the same people who set up the life-size nativity scene in their front yard complete with Santa's elves watching over the baby Jesus.
  • We drove to downtown Chicago and showed the kids all the wonderful sites. We promised the Boy we would take him to the top of the Sear's Tower soon. It'll be nice to go there when we're not on a whirlwind tour with out-of-town relatives in tow.
  • Tomorrow is election day...I can't wait for 2008. Have I mentioned that I'm a political junkie?
  • Does absence really make the heart grow fonder or does it make you realize what you don't have next to you at that moment?
  • It's Fall in Chicago which means both the Chicago Bears (football) and the Chicago Bulls (basketball) have D's full attention. He's a diehard fan but not fanatical to the point of annoyance. Our weekends ooze testosterone.
  • I was thinking of starting a family band but unfortunately I'm the only talentless one in the group. Even the Girl has some moves she picked up on Teletubbies. (Dipsy can bust a move). Anyway, D's been giving the Boy guitar lessons and they do a mean duet on some Neil Young song. D even threatened, I mean suggested, that he take his old amp out of the garage and set it up in our basement. D smiled and said that I can be his groupie. Hmph! I've seen Almost Famous enough times to know what groupies do.

Anyway, enjoy pictures from our last jam session.

P.S. The girl is wearing a little outfit from Old Navy (the poor man's Gap). I'm not sure why there are 5 different prints between her pants and shirt. Must be what all the hip kids are wearing these days...

Guitar case

Guitar case with purple velvet. It as though Prince (or the artist formerly known as Prince) threw up in it.

Jam session

My hippie chick

That's not how you play Twinkle Twinkle!

That's not how you play Twinkle Twinkle!

Helping dad play

You've got your chords all mixed up dad. Let me show you...

18 Comments:

Blogger Wandernut says...

Beautiful pictures, Mint.
And a beautiful family.

(drools over guitar)

Mon Nov 07, 08:17:00 PM CST  
Blogger The Box says...

I always love the black and white ones. Not to say the colour ones aren't nice, but the black and white ones, nevermind. I'm rambling. Jetlag.

Mon Nov 07, 11:47:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

Just when we thought your posts couldnt get any cuter !!!

Tue Nov 08, 12:21:00 AM CST  
Blogger Scarlet says...

Nice and refreshing posts!

Tue Nov 08, 12:59:00 PM CST  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

lovely pix minty..and i agree with box..black and white pix always have so much more character

Tue Nov 08, 07:49:00 PM CST  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

I'm quite certain you're not "talent-less"... so keep working on that family band... You could be the next Partridge Family ;)

Tue Nov 08, 09:07:00 PM CST  
Blogger D says...

am in love... with you're babies ;) by the way - black and white pics are it for me these days... maybe will send you some we treated from our trip?

Tue Nov 08, 09:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

wandernut: Thanks babe.

box: Thanks and welcome back!!

rat: LOL! the magic formula seems to be: story of mint losing her sanity (+) pics of kids = cute post

sneha: Thanks!

MM: I agree. 75% of the pictures I've taken in the last few months have been BW.

Penny: OH!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$

D: You can borrow them if you'd like. And yes, I'd LOVE to see the pics!!

Tue Nov 08, 09:54:00 PM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

hehe.. watch out Mint... your kids are gonna rock the show!!

ok.. start with a tambourine at least'?!!?!

Wed Nov 09, 12:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger anumita says...

Love the pics, Mint!

Wed Nov 09, 12:49:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

haha maybe i will one day!

Wed Nov 09, 03:15:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Nov 09, 03:32:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

The girl has the most adorable face plus a look which somehow makes you feel she is an avante-grade(don't know if the spelling is wrong) critic!! :)
The look suggests she was thinking,' Jesus,they call themselves adults...sigh...it's just so tough being a kid...'

Wed Nov 09, 03:33:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

What would chutney do in the band I wonder?:-) I hope you are not leaving chutney out!

Wed Nov 09, 03:54:00 AM CST  
Blogger Anurag says...

Lovely. Getting kids started in music at an early age is always a good idea.

Your b/w photos really do come out very nice due to shadows and lighting. Keep it up.

Thu Nov 10, 12:58:00 AM CST  
Blogger jemgal says...

sunrayz as u asked for it:

avangarde

and thanks to the people who will correct me!

Thu Nov 10, 12:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger TB says...

very cute pics! but thanks for the reminder about the 900th reading aloud of the favourite dinosaur story :D

Mon Nov 14, 12:45:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Tell me about it. I think I will start counting backwards henceforth:)

Mon Nov 14, 03:09:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home