Sunday, October 30, 2005

We're On Our Way Home



We're going home
Better believe it
Two of Us by The Beatles

I've been trying to hear as much as possible about the blasts in Delhi as well as the train accident in AP but the US news is apparently made for extremely short attention spans. It's really aggravating.

I spoke to a friend this morning who asked if we were still planning to go to India in December. I didn't hesitate before I said "Of course we are". We had tickets booked for October 2001 when the Boy was a year old but with the uncertainty that followed September 11th we canceled our trip. My grandmother ,who is now in her early 90's, has been waiting patiently to meet D and the kids. Now that J is married, meeting R becomes an added bonus for her. Besides, I can't wait to show D and the kids where I'm from. I can't wait to show them that although there's green in the US, there's a lush green that you only see in Kerala. I can't wait to see D's eyes when he sees masala dosas the size of a small child or the Boy's expression as he wades in the Indian Ocean.

Terrorists or no terrorists, we will be on that plane 6 weeks from now.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Now I feel homesick :(

or maybe I'm just hungry, and the masala dosa image did it ...

Am sure everyone will have a wonderful trip ... it's nice to be pampered and get tons of attention :)

Sun Oct 30, 02:47:00 PM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Wow, do travel safe, ya hear?

And what's a masala dosa?
I've eaten masala tosai (some potatoes cooked a certain way and stuffed in tosai) and had masala chaii... what's a dosa?

Sounds yummers.

Sun Oct 30, 08:04:00 PM CST  
Blogger Penny Lane says...

Seriously no way you're missing out on your India trip... it's one of the most awesome place on earth. And as much as I love the lush green of Kerala and all, I think you should try and come to Madras for a day to hang out with Rat Lavi and me (and any of your other Madras blogger buddies)... its only a half hour flight or something... THINK ABOUT IT!!

Sun Oct 30, 08:25:00 PM CST  
Blogger Pink says...

Good to hear you're coming to India despite the blasts.. like Penny Lane said.. wish you could come to Chennai for a day.

Mon Oct 31, 12:26:00 AM CST  
Blogger Anurag says...

Enjoy the India trip. Even I want to eat a masala dosa the size of a small size. Exactly what I used to miss when I was in US _ Indian food. :)

You should also have taken some time off and gone to Goa for a few days. Beaches there are the best...

And go through Rajasthan, the state where I was born. Man, I am nostalgic now...

Have a good trip.

Mon Oct 31, 12:32:00 AM CST  
Blogger AB says...

Delhi! Delhi!

Mon Oct 31, 01:49:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

yeah! dont let bullies bug ya... you HAVE to come to India!!... just sad i wont get to meet you... but maybe next time.. sigh..

so...are you going to be in Chennai at all?..

Mon Oct 31, 01:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

we just had a sumptuous rava dosa. tsarting to think of food lists for our delhi trip too!
and mint, of course you must go- travel safe!

Mon Oct 31, 04:50:00 AM CST  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

hope u have an awesome holiday babes!
your kids are gonna be so petrified at first =D i certainly was! its intimidating..but it grows on u
have fun! =)

Mon Oct 31, 06:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

Yeah I second what Penny says !!!

THINK ABOUT IT MINT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides your practically a household name here in Chennai. There are lots of ppl who would love to meet you :)

Mon Oct 31, 07:37:00 AM CST  
Blogger eM says...

Ooh Delhi. Totally come to Delhi. We loves you here :)

Mon Oct 31, 01:51:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Enjoy your trip. We did Delhi this past summer. Even the mad heat couldn't stop us from having a good time.

Mon Oct 31, 07:16:00 PM CST  
Blogger anumita says...

Don't you worry, just come home and have fun! You are going to have a lovely time!

Mon Oct 31, 09:40:00 PM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! Life, as usual, has to go on.

India is on my list of Places I Must See Before I Die. Take (and post) lots and lots of pictures.

Tue Nov 01, 06:17:00 PM CST  
Blogger D says...

and you will have a lovely trip.

Tue Nov 01, 08:58:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home