Sunday, January 08, 2006

This is the powerful pulsing of love in the vein



I'm leaving the cold of Chicago for a quick trip to Southern California. I figure my sleep schedule is already off by 12 hours so another 2 ain't gonna make much of a difference.

I left my make-up case on the plane to India during our layover in Frankfurt. I'm not a big make-up person but I do invest in a good cleanser and foundation. I took the case out so I could freshen up (i.e. brush my teeth) when I went to change the Girl's diaper. For various reasons it was easier for D to take her so I must have left it out on the seat. When we deplaned in Germany we were told to take everything off so they could clean the plane. The bastards took my make-up case along with my copy of the DiVinci Code. Anyway, today we went to the store to buy a replacement foundation before my trip to Cali. D balked when he saw the price. "You don't think I'm worth $XX??", I said to which he quickly (and wisely) shut up and walked away.

We've also found a cheap and warm way to entertain the kids during the winter; take them to the mall. Who knew they would find so much amusement going up and down the escalators?

Recently I've become pretty close to one of the Boy's tutors and am on a quest to renew her faith in men after coming out of a horrible relationship. I've done some matchmaking in my day and am proud to admit that I've got quite the track record; 2 marriages and 1 couple living together. His teacher is pretty hot in a wears-no-make-up-during-the-day but looks -hot-at-night. I'm kinda sorta ready to fix her up with a good friend of mine but he's being wishy washy lately and (in my humble opinion) there is nothing less sexy than a wishy-washy guy. Ms Teacher said if the obvious perks weren't there she would totally start batting for the other team at which time D's jaw nearly dropped 2 feet. OYE.

My older sister is came over tonight to watch the kids while D and I caught a movie. We couldn't decide so we drew names from a hat and Casanova won. Heath Ledger is yummy. I'm pleased I was able to slip yet another costume drama in on the heels of Pride and Prejudice.

I had a dream last night about a baby girl. I was nursing her in a rocking chair while I was softly singing. EVerytime a song would be over she would stop nursing until I started singing again. I must have gone through the usual list of llulabies because I remember singing Under African Skies by Paul Simon to her. I think dreams of having babies are not actually about babies but rather about new beginnings. *rubs her hands in anticipation*

D held my hand a little longer and harder than normal today. I guess sometimes I take traveling for granted but post September 11th has taught us that nothing can be taken for granted anymore. Without sounding too morbid it made me realize that we still haven't made an official will. D doesn't like talking about such things but they're a necessary part of life especially when you have kids. I've watched enough Six Feet Under to realize that grieving will bring out the worst in people. Yes, an official will. Definitely on my TO DO for 2006.

12 Comments:

Blogger shakester says...

matchmaking sounds very 'you'
:)
have a nice trip

Sun Jan 08, 11:10:00 PM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Californication... (Red Hot Chili Peppers)

Have fun babe!

Mon Jan 09, 12:59:00 AM CST  
Blogger anumita says...

huh... what brought this on?

Mon Jan 09, 03:17:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sudipta Chatterjee says...

Oh boy, yet another matchmaker! But I liked that "You don't think I'm worth $XX??" style black-mailing. What would have happened in case of a 'No'? :D

Mon Jan 09, 06:55:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Box says...

I have a feeling my last testament will mostly be a stack of letters to people.

Will people want to keep stuff like that do you think? 'Specially if they don't have numbers with lotsa zeroes behind em?

Mon Jan 09, 09:17:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

I don't know what's more depressing - making a will, or realising that I don't actually have to make a will because I haven't got anything worth passing along.

For all you vultures out there, I want to be buried with my video iPod, OK?

Mon Jan 09, 03:32:00 PM CST  
Blogger that girl in pink says...

have fun on your vacation!

what happened with the matchmaking?

Mon Jan 09, 09:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

Heloooooooo ! Guess whos back. Happy new year Mint. Will touch base soon.

Mon Jan 09, 11:06:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

"D held my hand a little longer and harder than normal today" ...sigh :)

Mon Jan 09, 11:11:00 PM CST  
Blogger Pink says...

I agree with Jay about the will thing but it must be done I guess.

Tue Jan 10, 01:13:00 AM CST  
Blogger Spot says...

I know that feeling about the will. On my to-do list before the end of Jan is to make a will because my entire family will be travelling to HK...in the event that all are wiped out, by some rule of law, the youngest would be deemed to survive the longest, so everything would come to me.

And all that needs to be willed to someone.

Morbid, but practical.

Wed Jan 11, 10:09:00 AM CST  
Blogger Horsey says...

What does wishy-washy mean? Is your friend not ready to settle down? Or is he being too picky?

Sun Jan 15, 02:50:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home