Sunday, January 29, 2006

Here comes the rain again...falling on my head like a new emotion.



Some sad news on an otherwise happy Chinese New Year. My uncle (dad's brother) passed away last night. As with all the deaths on that side, his passing was sudden and unexpected. He apparently didn't feel well and turned to his wife and said "I think I'm going to die." He asked to see his kids but collapsed and died 10 minutes later. My dad has grieved the loss of 2 brothers in less then a year.

I'm currently sitting in our living room testing out the wireless connection on my computer. I rarely work anywhere except my office but I've been plagued with neck problems from my hours spent in front of the computer. D took the Boy to the library and the girl is currently napping. The house is quiet except for the creaking of our dryer which is on its last leg. Chutney is wondering around the house looking for clean surfaces to drool on.

Here are some recent pictures of our overgrown puppy:

IMG_3127

IMG_3133

IMG_3137

IMG_3132

IMG_3131


The weather is so dreary. I really can't find anything positive to say about it. 2 weeks ago it snowed like crazy.

shoveling snow

And now we have rain that chills you to the bone. With our choices of outdoor activities limited,
the boy and I baked a cake to celebrate Chinese New Year.

IMG_3140

IMG_3145

By evening we were so stir crazy that we decided to brave the cold rain and head into Chinatown.

IMG_3149

We had a wonderful dinner and were it not for the drizzle and falling temperatures we would have gone back out for the parade today.


I'm trying to have more discipline in my life. I set little goals for myself everyday. I think I devoted too much of 2005 trying to just get by when I could have been enjoying myself a bit more. One of the goals this week is to blog a little more consistently. That's right folks. You will be treated to new posts everyday this week. I'm not promising any life altering, meaningful posts. I'm just sayin you'll get a full share of Mint Chutney in the days to come. Considering how boring my life really is I'm sure you'll be looking forward to my previous once in a blue moon posts. Don't say I didn't warn you...

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

The girl is so cute I could just eat her!

Ok, that was NOT meant to freak you out - I meant it in a strictly figurative sense of course

:-)

- Evanstonienne

Sun Jan 29, 03:04:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

My dearest Evanstonienne- I feel that I'm a pretty good judge of character and didn't get a cannibal-stalker vibe at all. Are we neighbors?

Sun Jan 29, 07:19:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

Kids: cute as always, especially without the usual black bar across the eyes
Dog: scary big
Cake: I can feel my arteries clogging already... mmmm.... clogging arteries... mmmm...

Sun Jan 29, 07:40:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Happy CNY Jay! The second piece of cake comes with complimentary triple bypass.

Sun Jan 29, 07:50:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

Thats so sad to hear about your uncle. Even my mom lost two brothers in the span of one year. Both younger so that was sad.

The fact that your going to be blogging everyday is the best news I have heard all year.

Sun Jan 29, 10:41:00 PM CST  
Blogger Kochukandhari says...

was sorry to hear about your uncle. this year a close friend lost his mother like this, very suddenly. It's so hard for the family to bear, although we all console ourselves with the thought that it was probably better than long drawn out suffering.

Sun Jan 29, 11:55:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

great news on the daily blogging! glad i'm back in B'lore & will be able to read daily!
sorry to hear about your Uncle... condolences to your Dad and family.

Mon Jan 30, 02:10:00 AM CST  
Blogger AB says...

I am sure we can take minty posts everyday:-) I am in love with your kids and of course needless to mention mint!

Mon Jan 30, 02:54:00 AM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Condolences, babe.
I guess winter must be dampening your spirits on top of the sad news.

It's 2nd day of Chinese New Year and apart from eating like pig, haven't been doing much else. It's great that you'll be blogging more regularly. Miss ya heaps.

And golly, Chutney is big.
How heavy is he?
Sunshine weighed in at 10kg at the vet last week (she's gonna be 4 months in 2 weeks)!

Mon Jan 30, 04:16:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

That Chutney is soo big..especially in comparison to the kids he looks like a monster! Hope all's well Minty.

Mon Jan 30, 04:42:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

hey my neck hurts too.. ididnt know it was coz of the pooter...
and thankyou for posting more often !! lol.. ive been waiting!

chutney looked really bored too..
i hate dreary weather.. it does make people depressed....

KONG HAY FAT CHOY!!

Mon Jan 30, 05:06:00 AM CST  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Rat - Don't be silly. I KNOW that my increase in blogging can't be the best thing this year. : )

Rivka - That's exactly what my mom and I were saying. If you gotta go (and we all do at some point) I'd rather have it be quick. I just wished he spent a little more of his life letting in those around him that loved him.

Tart - Back in Bangalore! I've been seeing your cute picture on several websites describing your Goa adventure. : )

Ab - Awwww. So sweet! What about the dog?? Couldn't you and your roommate use a little more drool in your lives?

Nutty - I got so desperate I actually looked at prices for Sweden. Unless Bjorn or Sven are gonna foot the bill it looks like suburban Chicago is as exciting as I get this winter. Miss ya!

Lavi!! Where's your blog?? Where are you?? If you were getting rid of your blog how could you not tell me? (sobs) (P.S. Thinking of you and hope you're doing great)

Grrl - "KONG HAY FAT CHOY" I don't know what it means but I hope that wasn't a reference to my ass. It's winter and there's snow so there's limited jogging.

Jane! I saw you online recently but I don't think you were by the computer at the time. (So rare that we're ever on at the same time). Hope all is well with you.

Mon Jan 30, 08:15:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Minty I'm doin great! Looking forward to catching you on chat so I can explain! :))

Mon Jan 30, 10:37:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home