Thursday, January 26, 2006

What makes me think i could start clean slated, the hardest to learn was the least complicated



Since I started working from home I nearly all but stopped watching TV. This is actually rather surprising since I used to be somewhat of an addict. People assume that I'm home so I must watch TV all day but the truth of the matter is that I can't stand daytime TV. I'd rather thread my own eyebrows then watch a talk show or a daytime soap. As much flexibility as I have with the job, it's a known fact that I'm in my office working every night after the kids are asleep. I TiVo a few shows that I barely get to watch. However, some nights when I just don’t feel like working, I come down and watch whatever movie is on regardless of how cheesy it is. Tonight for my viewing pleasure I’m watching the Peacemaker with George Clooney and Nicole Kidman. There are so many reasons for me to rip on this movie:

  • George Clooney is playing his character from ER the only difference being he’s a colonel in the US Army.
  • Nicole Kidman failing to keep her Australian accent under control while she’s playing the US Secretary of Missing Nuclear Weapons or some such nonsense.
  • Cheesy lines like “Let’s Rock and Roll” from Clooney as he commands his choppers into Russian airspace.
  • The majority of the shots of Serbian exiles have red headed extras which made me think they filmed it in Ireland.
  • The New York extras keep looking in the camera.

    However the cheeseball factor never fully got in the way of my interest and I kinda got into it.

    Even at the end when I got a big serving of Mozzarella with a side of Swiss.

6 Comments:

Blogger shakester says...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Jan 26, 09:23:00 PM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

ahh...the end does it...:)

Thu Jan 26, 09:24:00 PM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Can't. Stand. Nicole. Kidman.

Fri Jan 27, 12:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Box says...

Sorry, I have to defend this one.

There's a great line in there that has been cribbed by a lotta movies and TV shows:

"I'm not afraid of the man who wants 10 nuclear weapons. But I'm terrified of the man who only wants one."

Fri Jan 27, 10:31:00 AM CST  
Blogger Kochukandhari says...

thanks for dropping by..

Fri Jan 27, 11:46:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

im gonna have to wokr from home once i get married too..sigh..unless i find a good designing agency out in Hick-country..


heehaw!!


vell... i know i shall not be alone staying up at night!!

Sun Jan 29, 09:11:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home