Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Pompotous of Love



I STARTED WRITING THIS POST 4 DAYS AGO.

I've decided that on each new post I'm going to cite my favorite quote of the blogs I've recently cruised. Today's quote belongs to Ms Tablemannered who writes:

"I don't mind reality. I mind the awareness of our reality"

(sigh)
******************************
I hate that people who don't really know me act as if they know me. I think I'm a nice person (for the most part). I try and be a positive person and I'm fiercely loyal to those I love. As much as I like people, I'm a loner at heart. I love my alone time and I don't feel the need to go out all the time. Recently an old friend of mine (we used to be pretty good friends but lead busy lives and have thus drifted apart) has been calling all the time to get together. She doesn't live too far and threatens to stop by all the time. After my third decline of an invitation to get together she asked "Are you depressed?" Huh? Where the hell did that come from? "No, I'm just busy." Why can't we have our alone time without it being interpreted as some sort of emotional crisis?

I'm addicted to Pandora (thanks Rat and Naaz). Pandora lulls you into believing that it knows your musical taste. Oh, you if like Peter Gabriel then you'll like this song by the Jayhawks. Since you like Bob Marley we'll throw in some Toots and the Maytals . Just when I think I've found the perfect DJ it throws in some random crap. How random you ask? Olivia freaking Newton-John random! My ears nearly started bleeding when Celine Dion came on. Unless there's a big ship going down and Leonardo DiCaprio has a wet shirt on then I can live without Celine. AND Mr. Pandora, just because I love some old school 80's music doesn't mean I'll like every fringe-jacket wearing band with over modulated synthesizers.

Celebrated a late Christmas with D's family this past weekend. As much as I love them it's shocking how ignorant some (ok, mainly just one) of them are. We were showing a few of our India pictures and came across one of the Boy with his cousins hugging each other. D's step-dad goes "How did the Boy communicate with them?" I grimace. "They speak English" I calmly say while I sarcastically thought "Yes, they allow the natives to learn the supreme language once they build their mud hits and gather enough coconuts to last the winter." My brother-in-law Paul who's one of the funniest on that side couldn't help it and said "Get out! They speak English outside the US?"

IMG_3109
The kids and their presents

IMG_3112
My brother-in-law B with the Girl. I didn't think I'd like him so much considering he's a Republican with an NRA (National Riffle Association) sticker on his car but he's like a teddy bear who loves the kids a lot. We'll never see eye-to-eye on politics.

I know this will come as a shock to you but...it's cold in Chicago. Here's pictures of the snow falling in the back-yard.

IMG_3089
IMG_3088

These pictures are dedicated to those who have left the shores of Lake Michigan for the warmth of the Calcutta sun and the splendor that is Delhi. Now get off your exiled butt and put up a new post.

13 Comments:

Blogger Sunrayz says...

Hello my dear!
You forgot those who have left cold shores to yet another Indian city- Bangalore! It's nice and sunny and I will send some across the ocean :)I heard from Aj that Kerala is unbearable currently- v.v.hot. Hope teh weather gets better soon.

Tue Jan 17, 11:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

She prolly finds it easier to accept that you're on the brink of a total mental and emotional meltdown than that you don't want to meet her!

You're lucky. In London, the little bit of snow that we do get immediately turns to a disgusting grey/brown slush. Anyone care to make mudmen and mudangels?

Tue Jan 17, 05:55:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

Yes i know this Pandora can be damn random sometimes !!!

Mint we need to have a long catch-up chat !!!

Tue Jan 17, 11:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger Sonal says...

What surprises me is that here in Detroit, inspite of the temperature being below freezing, its still raining! Cold and damp....no snow at all!

Looks like its really cold out there! Have fun!

Tue Jan 17, 11:41:00 PM CST  
Blogger Pink says...

When I went to the UK to study, the English always commented on how I spoke such good english. When I told them it's my first language they were shocked and perplexed! Duh! Colonisation perhaps?! History obviously isn't one of their strong points! Ignorance, i tell you!! And I thought it was just the Americans!!! ;)

Wed Jan 18, 12:12:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Are you a Steve Miller fan?

Wed Jan 18, 09:22:00 AM CST  
Blogger D says...

. i have never seen snow :( so all i can say - you lucky thing you!

. years ago, an aunt (who lives in teh US) visited us with some american friends. a 20 something yr old girl expressed much amazement at how fluent my english was!!!! it took me some time to explain to her that our country wasnt all about snake charmers at every corner and elephants roaming the streets!

Wed Jan 18, 08:51:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Pandora....rcoks...

Thu Jan 19, 04:52:00 AM CST  
Blogger BeeDee says...

so i don't mind ppl asking why english is my first language. after all, in many countries across europe, where they speak perfectly good english (like scandinavia, netherlands etc), they still have their own languages as the medium of instruction and their first language. so i don't mind explaining why english is my FIRST language as well. ur brother in law's comment though is quite funny- umm..what do they speak in canada, england and australia? canadian, english and australian? :D

Thu Jan 19, 09:35:00 AM CST  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

"Olivia freaking Newton-John random!" ...was it that Physical song??? with men in leotards!!!!

Thu Jan 19, 11:07:00 AM CST  
Blogger desperate housewife says...

Hehehe...talking of intelligent algorithms: maybe you have seen this before,
http://www.20q.net/index.html

Sat Jan 21, 12:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

yeah.. i dont like familiarity without friendship that goes overboard..

loved the pics!!

i like staying in a lot too...most of my friends come over and hang out in my home... reading.. or falling asleep and watching movies til they fall asleep..lol.. lots o' sleepyheads!

Sun Jan 22, 12:57:00 AM CST  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

hehehe that was funny...
u know ure friend she's probably in denial. shes thinking 'its not me its her...it HAS to be her!!!!'

haha 'how did he communicate with them'
LOOOLLLLLL
sign language and grunting noises :P

Wed Jan 25, 07:57:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home