Thursday, February 16, 2006

You're gonna lively up yourself, and don't be no drag



The kids have been sick all week so my biggest wish for Valentine's Day was that no one throw-up on me. Today everyone was gone and I had silence at my house for the first time in a long time. D went along to chaperone the Boy's field trip to see a play. Apparently the Boy has a crush on several girls in his class. A few weeks ago one of the dad's came up to D and said "So you're the Boy's dad huh? Apparently we should get to know each other well since your boy told my daughter he's gonna marry her."

Chatted the other night with the lovely Rat and Lavi who laughed when I described my love for my new washer-dryer. Hmph! Just look at it:

IMG_3207

It's got a control panel like the Starship Enterprise and unlike my old dryer, I can leave this one on when I'm not home without fear it will explode and burn my house down.

IMG_3205
Here's the only decoration I put up for VD. I just wrote VD because everyone else seems to shorten it like that but I wanted to mention that VD also stands for venereal disease and nothing says unromantic like gonorrhea.

IMG_3170
The Boy and the Girl looking out the window.

I have no idea what to do with the Girl's hair. It's curly but some of the curls are nappy looking. I have pictures of what I call her little afro. Until it grows out I've been putting it in little pigtails.

IMG_3199

IMG_3198


Work is fine. I've been fielding calls with recruiters about some other home-based positions within my industry. The money sounds awesome but I feel like I'm finally hitting my stride with my current company. I wish I could reinvent myself without disrupting my life. I got my hair cut recently but it wasn't enough to appease my need for change. I'm probably a little restless because it's been very cold so I tend to stay home and eat comfort foods. The other day I thought something was following me but when I turned around I realized it was just my fat ass. A few more months at this pace and my butt will need it's own postal code.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

Your butt will need it's own postal code..hahaha! so funny! The girl's hair is adorable.. I love curls. And Wally and Dora are really cool! ;)

Thu Feb 16, 11:31:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

hahahahaha. The dryer is very cool Mint !!!!!! Yeah curly hair is soooo cute. And my butt already has its own postal code !!!

Thu Feb 16, 11:32:00 PM CST  
Blogger D says...

get well soon hugs to the kids.

Fri Feb 17, 01:03:00 AM CST  
Blogger The Box says...

You are gonna be fielding calls from boys when the Girl grows up. Gosh, you gon have to set up call center.

Fri Feb 17, 03:29:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Loved the last line!! My butt is going the postcode way too...sigh...
And, I cut my hair too!!!! Pictures, please???

Fri Feb 17, 05:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger AB says...

LOL. That photo of your son and daughter is a very nice one.

Fri Feb 17, 06:15:00 AM CST  
Blogger zambezi says...

You write well. I have been following your blog for the past couple of weeks and i like your fresh and heartening outlook to life and things

Fri Feb 17, 10:53:00 AM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

Ahhh, comfort food. There's nothing in the world quite like it. I find that a side dish of warm mashed potatoes and gravy cures everything in the world.

Fri Feb 17, 11:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

I don't even work from home but I'm already getting fat. My 28 inch waist now sits more comfortably in 30 inch jeans, and the weighing scale no longer loves me.

My ass is still pretty terrific though. Thank God I still got it where it counts.

Fri Feb 17, 01:11:00 PM CST  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

hahaahah i couldnt stop laughing when i read about the butt postal code!!

oh my ...ure dryer...u had me at 'control panel like the Starship Enterprise'
its luverlyyyyy

ah boy is starting young isnt he ;)

Sat Feb 18, 09:55:00 PM CST  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Every single time I read VD on other people's blog, I had similar thought. And did I read chaperone somewhere in your post? :-) I am a dork I know. Hee hee.

Sun Feb 19, 08:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger TB says...

yeah, my butt feels like that too :P like it's on a whole different planet, and got crossed with with alien species... it's so not me!

Mon Feb 20, 09:30:00 AM CST  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) says...

love the girl's hair-do. And really cool appliances too.

Tue Feb 21, 02:55:00 PM CST  
Blogger Prerona says...

hello. loved this post - do u always write so well?

:)

thanks for dropping by and for the compliment

her hair looks cute! let her be till she starts getting bothered abt it? what does 'nappy' mean. in this context. i LOVED ur wasing m/c too! i can quite understand ur pride and joy. i also can understand ur boy's plight. have felt like that recently. in singular. sometimes u feel in singular but 'accidentally' express in plural! :(

Wed Feb 22, 08:54:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home