Saturday, February 11, 2006

Somewhere in between the waxing and the waning wave



I've been tagged by Tablemannered. At first I wasn't going to do it because I believe there's no such thing as a perfect lover. Perfection is meant for dreams and fantasies and sometimes when reality seeps in you either realize how little you know about yourself or how much you are willing to accept about the other person. But for the sake of blog fodder...

The rules of the tag (simply copy-pasting from her blog):
1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
2. You have to mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game and leave a comment on their comments saying they've been tagged.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there's no need to post again.

My perfect lover is a man and he:



  1. Should be fair- - -Take it as much as you give it. Hold yourself to the same standards as you hold others to.
  2. Should be willing to step out of his comfort zone- - - Willing to try new things, willing to experience new places and foods, willing to whatever. This willingness should also cause him to take the lead and drag me kicking and screaming on occasion.
  3. Should never forget I'm his lover- - - I may play different roles in his life (hypothetically; his wife, mother to his children, woman who folds his laundry, etc) but he should never forget I am his lover and he is mine.
  4. Should show me respect- - - Pay attention to the finer details of our conversation. Know when I'm in need of 100% of your attention. Look me in the face when you say something you know I won't like. I'll never ask for more than I can give but know up front that if I'm in love with you I'll give everything I have.
  5. Should know a little bit about a wide range of things - - - Example: Know how many provinces are in Canada (10 + 3 territories). Know how to lay new kitchen floor tiles. Know how to change a tire. Know where on my body to rub if you want me completely relaxed.
  6. Should not spend more time in the bathroom than I do- - - Nor should he have more "products" than I do.
  7. Should be passionate - - - It may be about a sport's team or music or food or writing or something that may seem completely random to me. It doesn't matter, just be passionate.
  8. Should have a sense of humor and an amazing wit to match- - - Make me laugh (but don't be "on" all the time). Keep my interest as much as I keep yours.

Other miscellaneous things:

  • Should finish random movie quotes or music lyrics that I throw out there
  • Should be able to spend hours in IKEA without complaining that we've wasted our day
  • Should know how to kiss properly
  • Should realize that chocolate is not a treat... it is a way of life

Addendum: Motheater pointed out I forgot to tag people so I am officially tagging my link list. Conveniently Motheater no longer maintains her blog. : )

14 Comments:

Blogger Jay says...

So how many of those boxes does D tick?

I don't keep a lot of toiletries in the bathroom but I do have an entire chest of drawers in my room that's completely jammed up with all my spares - spare gel, spare moisurisers, spare face wash... I HATE running out of toiletries.

Sun Feb 12, 04:02:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

who've you tagged?

Sun Feb 12, 05:20:00 AM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

YAY!!! I'm on your list of links on the right; does this mean I've been tagged?? :) If so, I'll put up a post about it tomorrow ... It will be nice to blog about something light/fun like boys. I need the distraction.

Sun Feb 12, 11:18:00 PM CST  
Blogger Rat says...

ooooh no !!! I really cant do this one Mint :)

Mon Feb 13, 01:31:00 AM CST  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

Good to be finally tagged for something :P Haven't posted on my blog for a looooooonng time - but this is a far better idea for a post than what I had in mind (Boo Hoo, I have problems).

Thanks for commenting on my last post (which was waaaaaaaay back when). I really needed the kind words that everyone left for me - specially during Jan. See ya around!!

Mon Feb 13, 12:35:00 PM CST  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Jay- D has every one of these qualities, just not all at the same time. Oh dear..you have so many products. *Sigh* We're not meant to be dear Jay.

Pixel8- Welcome! I never even noticed until you pointed it out. Yes, apparently I like them fair and pale.

Motheater- Hey smartypants, did you get hitched yet?? Can I see the pictures?

Stolie- I heard! Under different circumstances 2 out of 3 wouldn't be bad. Hang in there!

Rat- You get a free pass on this one.

Gettingthere- Welcome back! Hope all is well.

Mon Feb 13, 11:11:00 PM CST  
Blogger AB says...

Hey the 'birdloving roomie who loves to salsa' is back:-) *Waves back* I think I have to create another flickr id and this time note down the password and all. And I have loads of pix to post:-) More so in April. You knwo why I presume...

You think there's any use of ranting about a perfect lover? He seems to be an extinct species. *sigh*

Tue Feb 14, 01:05:00 AM CST  
Blogger D says...

no no no tagging please......

Tue Feb 14, 02:56:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

Mint my dear- will do tagg sometime.But I like your list...pretty much what I want too...so, do I still have to do it? I mean, you have done it so well my dear :)

Tue Feb 14, 03:01:00 AM CST  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

oh lawdy...ive done so many posts like this!
i so totally agree with what u mentioned!

Tue Feb 14, 10:55:00 PM CST  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

I really like this list, especially that bit about completing random lyrics... never mind if that sounds a bit like Google! :)

Wed Feb 15, 03:18:00 AM CST  
Blogger Jay says...

Really. Because I've got too many products, huh? I suppose the fact that female genitalia make me queasy might have nothing to do with it?

Wed Feb 15, 05:34:00 AM CST  
Blogger Maithilee Shirgaonkar Jamsandekar says...

Mint,

Meandered my way to your blog for the first time today and your last post will ensure that I'll keep finding my way back here!

those 8 points read as if they came out of my own diary! really, if only the perfect lover could be that perfect... sigh...

:)

Meeta

Thu Feb 16, 01:44:00 AM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Abit late.
But nothing to do on a Saturday night cos my D's tired from work and is sleeping at home;)

HUGS

Sat Feb 18, 09:32:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home