Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Every picture tells a story baby



Thanks for all the anniversary well-wishes. Just to clarify we've been together 10 years, married almost 7.

Warning RANT AHEAD: Have you ever been so crazy-busy that your brain is still going 200 miles/hour even when you're sleeping? That's what's been happening with me. Some days I sit at my desk and the phone rings non-stop and the IMs come in like crazy while I'm being serenaded by the ding, ding, dinging of new e-mails. It annoys me that people from my personal life wonder why I don't call them right back or respond to their e-mails in a timely manner. If you really knew me, you know how chaotic life has been and you'll stop your bitching and/or passive aggressive behavior. (End of rant)

My stress level has been on the increase because my study is going outside the US which means Minty's been brushing up on her Spanish.

I've been spending a lot of time with my friend Sara. We met completely by chance and have grown quite attached in a short period of time. This past weekend D took the kids to stay overnight at his mom's in Wisconsin. I stayed home with Chutney, aka the world's dumbest dog. Anyway, I had a hot night of work, laundry and cable TV all planned when Sara called and convinced me to go to Devon (Little India) and grab some dinner. 3 hours later we ended up back at her place. Sara is going to help me redo the girl's room because she has a great eye for design on a budget. Most of the items in her house are hand me downs or toss-aways that she's fixed up. Here are pics of the discount saris she used at curtains.

dining room

living room That's Sara. We had a lovely time just hanging out and chatting and playing cards with some friends.

Sunday morning I decided to make a big breakfast for myself.

brunch I mixed 2 of my favorite things in the world and...

apple sausage stuffed pancakes Tada! Apple sausage stuffed pancakes

I've been trying very hard to leave my office at night and work on other projects to relieve stress. My latest obsession is organizing and displaying my photos. I decided to spruce up the kids bathroom by framing various pictures of them in the bathtub.

bathroom wall Bathroom wall before

bathroom wall after Bathroom wall after

I know what you're thinking. Yes, the bathroom is bright green. It's the bathroom that the kids use so I let the Boy help me pick out a color. I told him it needed to be a color from the shower curtain.

kid's bathroom I thought he would pick yellow or even a nice blue. Oh well, it's only paint.

Lastly I leave you with a pic of the collage that I made for D.
collage I even put a picture of me in there. : )

OK. Must get back to work!

11 Comments:

Blogger Prerona says...

wow! nice pics :)

all that food made me hungry :)

Wed Mar 01, 04:11:00 PM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Somehow I paused with a wicked grin after I read "...and grab some dinner. 3 hours later we ended up back at her place."

Tee hee ;P

Anyway, lovely pictures and gawd, the pancakes look so delicious I could lick the monitor.

"3 hours later we ended up back at her place." Nice.

Wed Mar 01, 10:06:00 PM CST  
Blogger Kochukandhari says...

My husband and I have been together for 10 years, married for 3. Sara's house looks great, I really like the sari idea, it adds so much color.

Wed Mar 01, 10:37:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

The pancakes are so tempting.. I'm feeling damn hungry now. I actually love the green in the kids' bathroom. And great pictures.

Thu Mar 02, 12:24:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

oh great idea!! am gonna brighten up myhome with colorful ideas like that too!! pass along them ideas Minty!!

Thu Mar 02, 01:30:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

LOVE the green! LOVE the photos!
hope the rest of March is not too chaotic for you!!!!!!

Thu Mar 02, 05:03:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sunrayz says...

How nice of you to make that collage! I used to do it a lot when I was in India...

Isn't it great to hang out with girlfriends? It always makes me feel calm and settled...

They are saying that Spanish is the language of this century- so go girl!

Thu Mar 02, 06:58:00 AM CST  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Those sari curtains look a little tacky to me...you like them? I hope your friend Sara doesn't read this blog.

Thu Mar 02, 09:40:00 AM CST  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

Sorry Mint! I agree with Sinusoidally here - I don't like the curtains too much either :( Maybe if they were used as drapes over plain curtains, it would add just the right amount of color....

But, believe it or not - I do like the green color in the bathroom :D In fact, just yesterday i saw these cute green bathroom accessories in Kohl's catalog and have been toying with the idea of painting one bathroom in the new house with almost the same shade of green that you have. On second thoughts - that would be too much green - even for "grew-up-in-a-desert-town" me. Hmmm.... :D

Thu Mar 02, 10:51:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

The green looks awesome Mint!

-Evanstonienne

Thu Mar 02, 11:07:00 AM CST  
Blogger Sraikh says...

I have seen cotton sarees being used as curtains.Those looks very nice.

I have the same packet of chicken apple sausage. :)

Fri Mar 03, 04:47:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home