Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Our house. In the middle of our street.



Greetings. I won't give you an excuse about how busy I was because let's face it, we're all busy. The weather's taken a turn for the worse in Chicago. The nights dip down into the 40's (about 9 C). We've been having spurts of crazy rain and the other night we had a tornado warning close by. We were all in the car on the way to dinner and the kids looked pretty terrified. Of course it was nothing that a little tandoori chicken and saag paneer didn't solve.

My bosses must have sensed my frustration at work because they gave me a promotion yesterday. I have 3 more months on my old projects which includes traveling to meet individually with my team. At the very least I'll hit Utah (shout out to all my mormon readers!), Toronto and Quebec.

The (American) football season has started. The Chicago Bears are undefeated so far which makes D very happy. He's only made bread once this season because we've just had so much to do on the weekends. This year for game day we try and make something that is associated with the team we play. The first game was against the Green Bay Packers (Wisconsin). We made slow-cooked bratwurst with cheese and summer sausage.

Chicago vs Green Bay

Sunday Bread
D baked homemade rolls and a loaf of french bread for the week.

This weekend is one of my best friend's wedding. I'm on a mission to find shoes that are fancy and stylish yet comfortable for salsa dancing.

IMG_4496
Ley and Steve got a lot of nice things for their new house.

Ley has her Masters in Psychology and uses her training in their relationship. There's a lot of talk about feelings and emotions in every conversation. I told D last week that I feel sad when he leaves his dirty socks on the floor because I take it as a sign of disrespect. He silently went over and picked up his socks but gave me a look like I had just escaped from a Psych Ward.

Finally, I leave you with pictures of the Girl's first haircut. Despite being a little over 2 years old, the Girl's hair has shown minimal signs of taming. What it lacks in length it makes up for in equal parts curl and frizz.

Before haircut Before

1st haircut
We went to the same place that we took the Boy for his first cut. They have little cars that you can sit in and watch your favorite program.

1st haircut

The updo After
She had little sparkly barrettes on the sides and the woman sprinked glitter in her hair ("Momma! I'm a glidder pwrincess"). The gitter must have had specks of glue on it because I still can't get it out.

Hope everyone is doing well.

17 Comments:

Blogger sinusoidally says...

Congratulations on the promotion. Good luck with the travel. Girl looks like a cute little doll both before and after the haircut. Men and psychology doesn't work together. I think that covers it all. :-)

Oh, and I am doing well, thanks for asking. Hee heh.

Tue Sep 26, 10:48:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Dr Sines-
Thanks.
Thanks.
Thanks.
You're right.

How are you? : )

(it would just be easier to use MSN)

Tue Sep 26, 11:06:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Rohini says...

You have no idea how green those pictures of The Girl's haircut made me feel. If I were to post pics of Ayaan's last haircut, I would probably be arrested fpr child abuse or something. Picture a bawling child, strapped into a chair, held down by two parents, with tears and snot freely flowing in all direction and you will have some idea of the trauma we all went through the last weekend

Wed Sep 27, 12:00:00 AM CDT  
Blogger shakester says...

hahahahahahah!
on the socks story)

:)

Wed Sep 27, 12:21:00 AM CDT  
Blogger shakester says...

and congrats!
(it seems so you to just slip it in, in passing...)

Wed Sep 27, 12:22:00 AM CDT  
Blogger P says...

Congratulations... and awwww @ the pics!

Wed Sep 27, 02:14:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Rukmini says...

Congratulations! And The Girl looks angelic. With attitude:)

Wed Sep 27, 04:15:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

The bread looks so delicious!
And my my, the girl is growing up so quickly!

Missed you Minty!!!!

Wed Sep 27, 04:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger InExile says...

adorable kid !
and funny blog !

Wed Sep 27, 08:56:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mint Chutney says...

Rohini- She was watching a TV and was only mildly annoyed that the woman was blocking her image of Dora the Explorer. If I'm going to pay $20 for a kid's haircut they better be sure it's a tear-free event.

Shakester- Why won't men put their socks in the hamper? Why? WHY??

Perspective- Welcome! and Thanks!

Big Wave- Welcome! She is an angelic devil if that makes any sense.

Nutty- Welcome back!

In Exile- Welcome! and Thanks!

Wed Sep 27, 03:11:00 PM CDT  
Blogger queen of wt says...

I wanted to let you know how much I love your blog-----and when I redid my blogroll, your blog was lost. I know this is probably stupid to tell you and this does not matter----but Mint Chutney is back on both of my blogrolls now. I love your writing and I feel your traveling pain---it's tough! Hang in there.

Thu Sep 28, 05:43:00 AM CDT  
Blogger 30in2005 says...

Congratulations on the promotion. Hardwork does pay off (or is that Pay better?).

And Girl looks adorable with haircut. As for curls, those that have em have got to live with em!

Thu Sep 28, 06:57:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

congratulations on your promotion! Love your blog and the manner in which you put across the mundane in such an interesting fashion.

Thu Sep 28, 01:34:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jay says...

I need to try this psychology crap on NM. "It makes me sad when you behave like a total asswipe."

Yeap, that could work.

Fri Sep 29, 05:57:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Cee Kay says...

Congratulations on the promotion! Though I have a nagging suspicion that you got it because of an outstanding performance and not just because you were frustrated. Good for your superiors to recognize your dedication and potential.

Girl looks cute before and after the haircut! "Glidder Pwrincess" - heh!

Sat Sep 30, 10:28:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Zaphod says...

not post-specific, just wanted to say having devoured your blog, love it and look forward to more!

Mon Oct 02, 01:14:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Madame Mahima says...

sorry im late!
hehe girl looks like a little parisian lady in the second pic..so chic!
oh i am SO using the psychology ive learnt in my future relationship..i feel sorry for the dude already
congrats on the promo!

Wed Oct 04, 07:48:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home