Thursday, February 21, 2008

It’s official. Our relationship is older than my favorite purse.



Pretend you're reading this on Feb 19th. 2008

12 years ago today I had a first date like no other. I nervously parked the car at the Italian restaurant and fidgeted with my scarf and wondered if I should just go home. I was tired and was having a bad hair day and just wanted to go to bed. I got out of my car and noticed D coming at me and realized that I had forgotten how cute he was since the last time we had met. I was so distracted by his blue eyes at dinner that I ordered fettuccine alfredo despite hating cream sauces with a passion. (The waitress asked if I wanted the special and I said “yes” and then spent the rest of the night fighting the urge to ask her for ketchup to pour on top). I was so smitten I couldn't think straight. I went home that night with my head in the clouds and have never looked back.

Fast forward to the present. We always go back to same restaurant with the kids for fun. Unfortunately I didn't have time to gaze into D's eyes since the Girl spilled water on me and the Boy complained and whined that the tomatoes on his plate were touching the green peppers hence he couldn't eat them. I couldn't think straight because I had a sinus headache and I went home that night with my head in the clouds.

It’s official. Our relationship is older than my favorite purse.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

here's to purses and happy relationships.

Thu Feb 21, 03:42:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

please please please tell us your entire love story.....

Fri Feb 22, 05:42:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

oooh i didnt know when you came back to the blog world!!

hope youre doing ok!!

Fri Feb 22, 12:22:00 PM CST  
Blogger iz says...

That's romantic in a very Imelda Marcos way.

Sat Feb 23, 01:16:00 AM CST  
Blogger bendinggender says...

a lovely story. the then and the now. congratulations to both of you.

Sat Feb 23, 02:28:00 AM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

how lovely :)

*hugs*

Mon Feb 25, 08:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

and more precious too :-) sweet story Mint! at the rate my life's going i think my bag's will always be older!!! :-/ ugghh...

Tue Feb 26, 05:38:00 AM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

hello mint...

the alfredo story is almost out of a movie script. :)
congrats on all the years. D & I just (celebrated) had one milestone on 21st too...

Wed Feb 27, 04:22:00 AM CST  
Blogger Primalsoup says...

Hehe, more things change etc. Lovely!

Thu Feb 28, 10:28:00 AM CST  
Blogger Nachi says...

lol!

wow! great going chutney...somehow saying that i wouldn't eat my veggies cause they were in contact with each other was not an option with my mother.

*hugs*

Sat Mar 01, 05:32:00 AM CST  
Blogger the mad momma says...

I second SW - tell us more!! And you have got to blog a little more often, girl!!!

Tue Mar 11, 12:04:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I was reading your blog, and I can't figure one thing out. Other blogs exist to be funny, to keep in touch or contribute to society in some way. I'd be grateful if you told me the exact purpose of your blog?

Tue Mar 18, 05:16:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Girl With Big Eyes says...

So sweet. It's great to look back and be happy that we did make the reight decision, isn't it?

Fri May 02, 09:37:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

lmao @ anonymous 05:16

you miss the very point.

whie you may not find humor here, others might.

blogs don't necessarily have to cling on to a reason for their existence.

you don't make babies everytime you have sex, you just do it for the fun, right?

Sun May 25, 08:04:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Pranav Kumar V says...

Guess what?? I was looking for a better recipe than mine and found this!!! Not as good as my recipe but, definitely tasty (I mean the whole blog itself)!!! :)

Thu Jun 26, 06:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger diyadear says...

wow cool post.. loved the way u put it.. :)

Wed Jul 16, 12:18:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Ekta says...

aww..thats soo sweet..heres to more years of love and togetherness!

Mon Jul 21, 09:09:00 PM CDT  
Blogger desert demons says...

I loved it , It's the type of piece you read and you can't help smiling :)

Sun Sep 07, 05:22:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Pheno'Menon' says...

Wow , excellent blog .

Am i saying this because i have been reading a lot of jhumpa lahiri , and may be also because i am a keralite ?

Not sure , but il be back here !

Wed Sep 17, 11:50:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Unknown says...

Awwwwwwww....that was a tissue read...

Thu Jan 01, 02:17:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home