Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Alive and Kicking



*Simple Minds

Tagged by Broom and (I think) Wandernut


8 things I'm proud of...

  1. My marriage: : : 11 years with the same person is not always easy. We love, we laugh, we fight, we laugh some more. Bottom line is that D is the nicest husband and father that I know and he makes my job as his life partner that much easier.
  2. My children::: What can I say. They drive me nuts and then they make me melt. Of course I'm proud that the Boy hit a home run in last night's baseball game and the Girl impressed her grandma by practically writing her full name at the age of 3. However I'm more proud that they hug their grandparents and ammechi and appachan every time they see them. I'm more proud that the Boy gave his entire lunch to his classmate who forgot his. I'm more proud that the Girl wants to share her dolls with the "babies that don't have none". There's a world beyond their suburban existence and I'm most proud that my children realize that.
  3. My career::: It's funny when a job turns into a career. I make a good living. If, God-forbid, something happened tomorrow I know I will stand on my own 2 feet.
  4. My boss::: She stood up for me and every other person in the company that has a life outside of this job.
  5. My older sister::: She's going to succeed on her terms and I'm so proud of her for that.
  6. The new me::: I reached a breaking point somewhat recently and it caused me to make some changes for a better me; a healthier, happier me. My ass will no longer need its own postal code.
  7. The one that got away::: I think of him fondly though rarely. I would have become someone else for him in exchange for a glamorous life and I'm proud that I didn't allow that to happen. Besides, nothing is more glamorous than 4 loads of laundry.
  8. My ability to name songs from the 80's within 5 notes. It's a gift really. I'm the Rain Man of 80's music. Please don't test me for you'll only embarrass yourself.

IMG_5326

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

awww... those kids are adorable, MC! little girl has a verrrry naughty smile.
:)
and now i HAVE to challenge your 80s music skills. does this include songs from bollywood? {goes and digs up inane Mithun song}

Tue Jun 26, 05:27:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

As a true voyeur, can I please request more details on the "one that got away"....

Tue Jun 26, 05:46:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Me says...

how cute are your kids and you with that awwwww...post.
nice :)

Tue Jun 26, 08:58:00 PM CDT  
Blogger AB says...

Hiya.

Now I do have a flickr id:0) You can take a look at it. Wait I will mail you the link.

My colleague wanted to see more pix of your boy and girl when I realised that I couldn't.

Wed Jun 27, 03:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger AB says...

But cannot locate your id in my address book. Do mail it to me na.

Wed Jun 27, 04:10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger 30in2005 says...

Was wondering when someone would claim the title 'Rainman of 80's music'. So want to test that though. Maybe you should get someone to test you and post disembodied voice video on youtube?

Wed Jun 27, 09:11:00 AM CDT  
Blogger rads says...

That was a nicely written tag.
What's with the number 8 anyways.. 8 Random facts, 8 to be proud of, 8 bloggers you like.. Looks like it's tag season after all. :)

Kids looks adorable :)

Wed Jun 27, 09:49:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

that was an "awwww" read for sure :-)
huggers xxx

Thu Jun 28, 07:45:00 AM CDT  
Blogger iz says...

'The rain man of 80s music' LOVE IT!

Fri Jun 29, 07:12:00 AM CDT  
Blogger That Girl says...

isnt it wonderful when you sit and think of so many blessings in your life?. there are countless!! its amazing~!~!
*hugs*

Mon Jul 02, 07:26:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Wandernut says...

Your skill is amazing.
I can dissect a song and tell you what instruments went where and the chord progression. But for the life of me, I usually can't remember the song title or the lyrics or who sang the damn song! :)

Are those their faces on that birthday cake? Isn't it even remotely cannibalistic to cut into it? Hahahaahhaahah :D

Box is now working in my office. So we're colleagues again. He's online more often on MSN now. So come online! We can do a *ahem* 3-way again.

Mon Jul 02, 07:42:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Ms. 868 says...

I read one of your entries and - well in reality I read them all in one sitting since I'm home and...eh I have no excuses, it was just altogether a really good read =)

Wed Jul 04, 06:32:00 PM CDT  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Hey Mint Chutney...your list makes me so wanna be like you.
:-)

Sun Jul 08, 03:49:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home