Monday, February 26, 2007

Me in Honey



So we're sitting in church and I have a weird taste in my mouth. Thanks to my recent bout of walking pneumonia (NOT a respiratory infection as I was originally diagnosed with) it was sort of like a metallicy mucousy taste. We're coming up on the part where we turn to our neighbor and shake hands as an offering of peace. I take my purse and gently rummage through it looking for a mint. Nothing says suck-it to your neighbor like bad breath. Although I can't find a mint I find a breath spray. I wonder when I bought that? I carefully take the top off and spray in my mouth. ACKKKKKKKKKKK! You know that Calvin and Hobbes when Calvin is forced to eat vegetables and he contorts his face? That's what I did. While I'm quietly dry heaving I look down at the "breath spray" and realize that it was an anti-bacterial hand sanitizer. The Boy is looking at me with a "I can't take you anywhere", D is shaking his head in disbelief and the Girl is now imitating the hacking sounds that I'm making. The woman in front of me turns around and I return her stare with my best "bite me" look.

I knew I should have stayed in bed.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Rohini says...

Well that is one way to go when you want to decimate the germs in the mouth. I actually laughed out loud at that! The guy in the neighbouring cubicle is giving me some pretty strange looks

Mon Feb 26, 11:44:00 PM CST  
Blogger lawyeramma says...

that was hilarious! hope you're feeling better now though.

Mon Feb 26, 11:48:00 PM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

MINTY!!! im here!! in the same same country as you is!!! lol

whew!! what a crazy journey!!

anyways get well soon and hopefully we can catch up!! i have tons of blogging to do!! lol..

Tue Feb 27, 08:27:00 AM CST  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Hee hee. Well at least it killed some bacteria!

Tue Feb 27, 11:14:00 AM CST  
Blogger Wandernut says...

HEHEHEHEHEHEH :)

*must include breath mints in next care package*

Tue Feb 27, 11:59:00 AM CST  
Blogger Akkare says...

he! he! my favourite occupation in church when I wore braces was smiling wickedly at babies in full metal glory and making them cry!

Wed Feb 28, 09:49:00 AM CST  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

hahahaha!!! that was hilarious!!! :) thanks for the laughs! ;)

Fri Mar 02, 11:35:00 PM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

ha brilliant!
now for the magic spray that gets you to blog more.

Mon Mar 05, 11:35:00 PM CST  
Blogger Me says...

*snort*
anti-bacterial hand sanitizer...
eeewwwwwww

Tue Mar 06, 02:13:00 AM CST  
Blogger desi witch says...

hah hah! we're kindred spirits! No, I don't swallow anti-bacterial, but I always carry it around with me.

Wed Mar 07, 08:54:00 AM CST  
Blogger twip says...

Sorry to laugh at your discomfiture but that was actually quite funny!

Damn you minty, I spilled hot coffee on my keyboard, laughing.

Thu Mar 08, 11:19:00 AM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

Sun Mar 11, 11:39:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Sue says...

For all you know you've discovered a whole new way of dealing with infections!

Thu Mar 15, 05:14:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home