Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hey, I ain't got no money but honey I'm rich on personality



There's nothing like winter in Chicago. The sound of the snowplows barreling down the street. The feel of the windchill freezing your runny nose as soon as you open the door. The way the windshield wiper fluid leaves a film on your window as it freezes as you drive.

It's mind-numbing cold. The windchill was TWENTY BELOW ZERO the other day. The bottles for the water cooler froze in the garage. We had a party for the Super Bowl on Sunday and I used the garage like an over-sized refrigerator for storage. I think there's still some cake in there.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, our beloved Chicago Bears lost. We're kinda hard-core fans so we sported the orange and blue facepaint. The Girl wanted rainbows but we settled on "C" (for Chicago)

Bear's fans

Touchdown!
Oh well. Baseball unofficially starts ramping up next week.

Prince was the halftime show and it was surprisingly good. It was pouring rain and he rocked it like it was 1999. That's old school my friends. None of this lip-sync crap with 20 gyrating dancers in the background.

In other news I've had the mother of all respiratory infections. I flew to Iowa last week and I really thought that my lungs were going to collapse on take-off. I'm much better taking care of other people .. I suck at being a patient.

2 posts in a row. I need to go lay down now.

12 Comments:

Blogger Rohini says...

Exactly my thoughts - two posts in a row! Can we begin to hope that you are back?

Tue Feb 06, 11:15:00 PM CST  
Blogger shakester says...

There's also nothing like winter in Singapore.

Unfortunately, thats 'cause there is no winter in singapore! :(

you're back! excellent.

Wed Feb 07, 01:07:00 AM CST  
Blogger Me says...

Yeah!!!! you are back - with two posts in a row...when the mint giveth, she giveth good.

Fri Feb 09, 07:50:00 AM CST  
Blogger AB says...

Hi Minty, how are you? Back to reading blogging after what seems like aeons. Really missed all of this.

Fri Feb 09, 09:41:00 AM CST  
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com says...

"There's nothing like winter in Chicago." Exactly. And, as a native Chicagoan (who now lives in NYC, I say that's a GOOD thing. :)

Sun Feb 11, 08:42:00 AM CST  
Blogger Tartrazina says...

Mint!!! missed ya!!!! please don't go underground again! :)

Wed Feb 14, 01:20:00 AM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

HIIIIIIIIII!!!! JUST got back home and so am on a running blogging greeting spree!! its great to be back in the blogsphere!!nxwkszt

Sun Feb 18, 12:43:00 PM CST  
Blogger That Girl says...

HIIIIIIIIII!!!! JUST got back home and so am on a running blogging greeting spree!! its great to be back in the blogsphere!!

Sun Feb 18, 12:44:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Hey Mint! :) So nice to see the kids again. Are you feeling any better? It looks like I might just get back from my own hibernation...
-Sunrayz

Tue Feb 20, 04:27:00 PM CST  
Blogger sinusoidally says...

Hey Mint chutney, thanks for the hugs. You are so kind hearted. Hope the lung infection is all cleared and behind you. Hows the job?

Wed Feb 21, 06:03:00 PM CST  
Blogger mnowluck says...

Its hot here..or just maybe that i don't check ur post at the right time. I love winter lots
Hey, I ain't got no money but honey I'm rich on personality
Agree with you on this line. Personality is far more important than money itself.!!!

Fri Apr 20, 10:22:00 AM CDT  
Blogger the mad momma says...

your kids are adorable! and hell.. i dont think i could have sat quietly in church after spraying my mouth with hand sanitizer!

Thu May 17, 02:35:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home